BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
i used to have the nikon 10.5mm f2.8 back when i had my d90. i loved wide angle stuff back then and for some reason fell in love with the distortion that fisheyes give...but i quickly got over it to be honest. the lens ended up sitting in my bag most of the time. you really have to have the right setting for a fisheye to truly make it a good shot rather than a "hey, that looks neat all distorted like that" shot..if you know what i mean. if youre really into it rent one for a day or 2 and see what you think of it...

·
Registered
271 Posts
I second that. I have a Sigma Fisheye and while it is cool to use everyone once in a while for very specific shots, I'd rather just have a regular wide angle lens. Nothing wrong with the quality of the lens itself, but it's just too specific of a lens and something I rarely use.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I have my tokina 11 - 16mm which i LOVE... however i have found that my main use of that lens comes from shooting bboy events....or some decorations at parties.... some product shots look cool with ultra wide. I want a fish eye to shoot video at bboy events. but i dont really see myself using it much more than that. i definitely agree with ^^ those guys. Its something you want to have a specific need for.

Rent one like Ev said and see how you like it and if you think you'll use it more than every now and then, its def worth the buy.

·
Registered
6,079 Posts
That 8-15 looks awesome. I don't have a DSLR anymore, but if I did, I'd definitely think about buying that lens. And I don't even like fisheyes lol.

·
E46
595 Posts
fisheyes are fun for about 20 shots, then they get boring because every shot is the same distortion which gets annoying. just get a standard UWA lens

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I have the Tokina 11-16 f2.8 and its amazing. I have no need for a fisheye myself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts