E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a DIY for the e-brake button!??!?!?! i dont kno how to install it and yes i did search :(

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
i found this in the e46 faqs
"Ebrake install: In a nutshell, pull up on the ebrake boot (it is secured by spring clips only) and pull it over the handle. Clip the wire tie at the base and push the boot back towards the base (i.e. towards the back of the car). Remove old ebrake handle by pulling. Try heating the handle with a hair dryer to loosen the glue if it doesn't come off easily. Put new ebrake handle on and reverse the process as above. "

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thx but theres a button from revi thats included in the e-brake that i cannot install cuz i cant remove the oem 1. thx for the attempt to help though :)

as for now...:bump:

·
Registered
126 Posts
i can help you
it took me 2 hours to figure it out... you need to take the ebrake handle off and then cut the button down the middle with a dremel rotary drill.... then just pop the new one on... u might need a little glue... if u have ne more qustions just ask ill be happy to help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts