E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Anyone have a crystal ball? M3 arrival date?

2K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  The RedShift 
#1 ·
I live in So Cal and production will begin 1/24/03. what's the earliest/latest that it should arrive at the dealership, assuming everything goes as planned? thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
EVERYONE .... stop buying STEEL GREY. This color gets totally oxidized after about a year and your M3 will look like crap.........

Alright I was just kidding, its a beautiful color but I dont want anyone else to have it ... its mine! :) Anyways man, I cant tell you when your car will be here but I can tell you CONGRATS on it and you will be very happy!!!

AdamR

#3 ·
u really had me there for a second!

digitalgm said:
EVERYONE .... stop buying STEEL GREY. This color gets totally oxidized after about a year and your M3 will look like crap.........

Alright I was just kidding, its a beautiful color but I dont want anyone else to have it ... its mine! :) Anyways man, I cant tell you when your car will be here but I can tell you CONGRATS on it and you will be very happy!!!

AdamR

#4 ·
For me, it was almost exactly 1 month after my production date. Production date 10/25/02, took delivery on 11/23/02.

There are many factors that can change your time..... i.e. waiting for a ship (0-2 weeks), how long it stays in the Vehicle Processing Center (VPC) - (1-10 days), and hopefully the boat carrying your car won't sink :cry:

For the West coast, add another week to my time. So I'm guessing the delivery of your M3 to be on March 3rd.

What do i get if i'm right?? :)

#5 ·
No crystal ball but it felt like eternity waiting for mine. So I found new ways to keep my mind of the anticipated delivery with a countdown calender on my office wall that i could cross the days off, a countdown clock to anticipated delivery on my webpage,and borrowing my brother's M3....and then my car got stuck at Port of New Jersey for 3 weeks...then i lost all patience.:banghead: ....Apparently US customs and agriculture was overworked....Hopefully, they have sorted out that mess now ( Oct. 02). One note , i found the website always lagged behind the car's actual location after production. I would call BMW NA and they would give me the "real" status of my car.It might be different now.

#6 ·
Impulss said:
For me, it was almost exactly 1 month after my production date. Production date 10/25/02, took delivery on 11/23/02.

There are many factors that can change your time..... i.e. waiting for a ship (0-2 weeks), how long it stays in the Vehicle Processing Center (VPC) - (1-10 days), and hopefully the boat carrying your car won't sink :cry:

For the West coast, add another week to my time. So I'm guessing the delivery of your M3 to be on March 3rd.

What do i get if i'm right?? :)
March 3rd huh? if you get it right, I'll buy several lotto tix and tell you to pick the numbers! If I win, I'll split it w/ you 50/50. :pimpin:

#9 ·
I will check my Crystal Ball.. Swami sez, yes, you will receive your M3. No doubt about it. That will be $5 please.

#11 ·
Re: Re: u really had me there for a second!

digitalgm said:
:lmao: Again, congrats on the car buddy!

AdamR

Well at least he didn't get the Red Leather!:D

#12 ·
Maynardc, that is the date that production will be completed by, not started. You should be at status 150, just like me. I have the same production date. Let's see who gets their's first. I am on the West coast also. The waiting is driving me nuts. I ordered my 330Ci on 11-23 and they pushed the date out several times.

#14 ·
The RedShift said:
Maynardc, that is the date that production will be completed by, not started. You should be at status 150, just like me. I have the same production date. Let's see who gets their's first. I am on the West coast also. The waiting is driving me nuts. I ordered my 330Ci on 11-23 and they pushed the date out several times.
I think they had to push out the production date to put all the customers that had their cars sink, back on top of the list.

#16 ·
The RedShift said:
are you serious???:yikes: wow, I need to call'em up!

#20 ·
DropTopBM said:

Your gonna be waiting forver.... well, its gonna feel like for ever... but trust me when i tell you, the minute you sit your ass in that seat, it will all be worth the wait u have suffered for months
well my salesperson told me early to mid-March so that's what my expectations are which I don't mind too much.

#22 ·
The RedShift said:
Status 151 "body shop started", as of 1/15/03.

#26 ·
maynardc said:

really?! that would be cool! what color is yours?
Electric Red. I really wanted an M3 but couldn't swing it (this time). I'm still really looking forward to my 330Ci. I drove my nephew's 328i a couple of years ago and it was the coolest car I had ever driven. I have a 440 hp (red) Ford Lighting that I am trading in. It is real fast but I really want the refinement and handling of a bimmer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.