E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in So Cal and production will begin 1/24/03. what's the earliest/latest that it should arrive at the dealership, assuming everything goes as planned? thanks!
 

Attachments

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,686 Posts
EVERYONE .... stop buying STEEL GREY. This color gets totally oxidized after about a year and your M3 will look like crap.........















Alright I was just kidding, its a beautiful color but I dont want anyone else to have it ... its mine! :) Anyways man, I cant tell you when your car will be here but I can tell you CONGRATS on it and you will be very happy!!!

AdamR
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
u really had me there for a second!

digitalgm said:
EVERYONE .... stop buying STEEL GREY. This color gets totally oxidized after about a year and your M3 will look like crap.........















Alright I was just kidding, its a beautiful color but I dont want anyone else to have it ... its mine! :) Anyways man, I cant tell you when your car will be here but I can tell you CONGRATS on it and you will be very happy!!!

AdamR
 

·
T!TSLVR
Joined
·
1,251 Posts
For me, it was almost exactly 1 month after my production date. Production date 10/25/02, took delivery on 11/23/02.

There are many factors that can change your time..... i.e. waiting for a ship (0-2 weeks), how long it stays in the Vehicle Processing Center (VPC) - (1-10 days), and hopefully the boat carrying your car won't sink :cry:

For the West coast, add another week to my time. So I'm guessing the delivery of your M3 to be on March 3rd.

What do i get if i'm right?? :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
930 Posts
No crystal ball but it felt like eternity waiting for mine. So I found new ways to keep my mind of the anticipated delivery with a countdown calender on my office wall that i could cross the days off, a countdown clock to anticipated delivery on my webpage,and borrowing my brother's M3....and then my car got stuck at Port of New Jersey for 3 weeks...then i lost all patience.:banghead: ....Apparently US customs and agriculture was overworked....Hopefully, they have sorted out that mess now ( Oct. 02). One note , i found the website always lagged behind the car's actual location after production. I would call BMW NA and they would give me the "real" status of my car.It might be different now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Impulss said:
For me, it was almost exactly 1 month after my production date. Production date 10/25/02, took delivery on 11/23/02.

There are many factors that can change your time..... i.e. waiting for a ship (0-2 weeks), how long it stays in the Vehicle Processing Center (VPC) - (1-10 days), and hopefully the boat carrying your car won't sink :cry:

For the West coast, add another week to my time. So I'm guessing the delivery of your M3 to be on March 3rd.

What do i get if i'm right?? :)
March 3rd huh? if you get it right, I'll buy several lotto tix and tell you to pick the numbers! If I win, I'll split it w/ you 50/50. :pimpin:
 

·
T!TSLVR
Joined
·
1,251 Posts
maynardc said:


March 3rd huh? if you get it right, I'll buy several lotto tix and tell you to pick the numbers! If I win, I'll split it w/ you 50/50. :pimpin:
HAHAH.. how about you pick the numbers and if you ever win the lottery, you give me half! :D :D

Congrats on you new M3!! :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
625 Posts
I will check my Crystal Ball.. Swami sez, yes, you will receive your M3. No doubt about it. That will be $5 please.
 

·
HartgE46
Joined
·
786 Posts
Re: Re: u really had me there for a second!

digitalgm said:
:lmao: Again, congrats on the car buddy!

AdamR

Well at least he didn't get the Red Leather!:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Maynardc, that is the date that production will be completed by, not started. You should be at status 150, just like me. I have the same production date. Let's see who gets their's first. I am on the West coast also. The waiting is driving me nuts. I ordered my 330Ci on 11-23 and they pushed the date out several times.
 

·
Bimmerless
Joined
·
1,845 Posts
The RedShift said:
Maynardc, that is the date that production will be completed by, not started. You should be at status 150, just like me. I have the same production date. Let's see who gets their's first. I am on the West coast also. The waiting is driving me nuts. I ordered my 330Ci on 11-23 and they pushed the date out several times.
I think they had to push out the production date to put all the customers that had their cars sink, back on top of the list.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
It would seem logical that they pushed my date out because of the tricolor sinking but fact of the matter is they pushed it out several weeks before the boat sank...:dunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The RedShift said:
Maynardc, that is the date that production will be completed by, not started. You should be at status 150, just like me. I have the same production date. Let's see who gets their's first. I am on the West coast also. The waiting is driving me nuts. I ordered my 330Ci on 11-23 and they pushed the date out several times.
are you serious???:yikes: wow, I need to call'em up!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,431 Posts
maynardc said:


feel sorry for me?! :dunno: why?


Your gonna be waiting forver.... well, its gonna feel like for ever... but trust me when i tell you, the minute you sit your ass in that seat, it will all be worth the wait u have suffered for months
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
DropTopBM said:


Your gonna be waiting forver.... well, its gonna feel like for ever... but trust me when i tell you, the minute you sit your ass in that seat, it will all be worth the wait u have suffered for months
well my salesperson told me early to mid-March so that's what my expectations are which I don't mind too much.
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top