BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have my 323iT for 8, going into its 9th year now, and some problems are starting to show up in the past few months, including engine shut off while driving and stuck throttle body.

After went into dealership and got those problem fixed (at a very expensive price) a few months ago, the car is now having minor problems with the electrical system.

The first thing I experienced was with the CD changer. I bought Alpine changer a few years ago, along with the Blitz adaptor to fit the Alpine changer onto my factory stereo. Everything worked great until one day when it got really hot, the "CD" button on my factory stereo no longer connects me to the changer. I have wait til the ambient temperature cools now until the changer works again. I'm suspecting the Blitz or the changer probably went bed due to its age.

I can live without CD, but something a little more important went out: my entire instrument cluster. It no longer lit when the headlight is on. The headlight/turn signal works, but when I turn the signal, the cluster doesn't show anything. No "door open" indicator works either. Basically the only thing that's lit at night time is the clock and the shift gauge.

Furthermore, the AC turns out, but it's blowing hot air only, doesn't matter what temperature I adjust it to. And also all buttons on the steering wheel stopped working too. I now have to adjust radio channel/volume manually through the radio console (CD changer still doesn't work).

Did anyone have similar problem and know what's wrong with the car? On a side note, I already ordered a new car and it's due to arrive around September, but I really need to get this car fixed so I can at least have a car to go to work.

Thanks for the help!!!

Sincerely,

OBT

·
Registered
762 Posts
sounds like a nightmare.....hope you get this taken care off, as it sounds like annoying.....gl:thumbsup:

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
to add to the list of problems:

- The windows stopped working this morning
- The interior overhead light stays on after the door is closed. I have to manually turn it off.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well here is the update: I researched a bit so I decided to unplug the negative terminal of the battery and let the computer reset. Seems like everything is back to normal now, except that changer still doesn't work. I'm going to have an independent shop look at the car tomorrow and figure out what went wrong with the computer system.

As for the changer problem, I'm suspecting it's the Blitz Safe that went bed. Is there an alternative out on the market now? I need to get some music going in my car.

thanks,

OBT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts