BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a set of the aftermarket clear corners and side markers, the side markers cracked/broke (there is a little lip on the inside that keeps it snug and in place that broke off) on install and so they didnt fit properly. I got a new set but i want to know if there is something i should before i install them or any advice?
anyone else have this probem? any solutions?
thanks

·
call me kev :D
6,320 Posts
sorry but u should expect this kind of thing happening with aftermarket clears, that's why so many of us strongly suggest going with oem

oem side markers are extremely cheap.. pick up a set :)

·
Mooove, get out the way!
1,120 Posts
I got front and side clears fom my BMW dealer. Fronts took about 2 minutes to install, sides took about 15 seconds.

4,239 Posts
BTDT.

The trick to installing the bumper markers without breakage is to lightly file down the inside corner of the bottom side of the opening. You can even use a razor to scrape it.

This gives a slightly beveled edge which lets the marker clip slide on without cracking.

- Rob

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey Rob,
someone else said the same thing, do u have a pic or a drawing of exactly how to do it? i mean i dont want to break a second set.
thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
I just made a post about this in bimmerforums the other day. I bought a set of clears a while back, the right side went in perfect. the left side took 2 f-ing hours and I snapped a little piece off. Last week I bought a set of painted reflectors. Right side went in perfect, left side wouldnt go in and I snapped the exact same size piece off. There was another guy that posted he had the same problem on the same car (00' 328Ci)

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,182 Posts
guys do your self a favor ask

the dealership mech do to it. takes less than a minute with the right tool that he as. give him a 5 or 10.00 tip it is worth it. i got my self body color sidse markers ask my dealer mech to do it. i gave him a 20.00 was happy to do it for me. he did both sides in a few minutes. anyway that is what i did. i did not want to take a chance of chiping or breaking the marker. and i don't have money to burn but i wanted it done the right way.
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts