E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need to use a code reader to figure out why my car isn't starting. Anyone want to come to my house with a code reader and help me out?

I can offer monetary compensation, amber reflectors, amber side markers, driver's side amber corner, passenger side grill for facelift sedan, or smoked reflectors.

Help out a fanatic in need!

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
does it turn over? most likely your fuel pump. there will not be a code for that.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not the fuel pump. Just replaced it a few days ago. I've been playing the guessing game. Started with intake boot, then moved on to fuel pump and fuel filter. Now I'm stuck. Thinking it might be the camshaft position sensor but I don't want to blindly order anymore parts

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Did you replace the fuel pump relay? Also check the fuses that are under the hood in the ecu box.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
It will start with the sensor broken, no disrespect but you should really stop playing the guessing game and save yourself money.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's why I'm confused. I know it will start without the sensor but might run like crap. Anyway, I did not replace the fuel pump relay. I guess that's my next adventure today. Thanks for helping a noob

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
The relay is a ***** to get to but it's only $15 so start with the cheap stuff first

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool, thanks man. I'm going to see if the stealership has one as I don't wanna wait for shipping

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wait...if it was the relay then wouldn't the fuel pump not turn on? Mine turns on when the key is turned

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Check to see if your getting power down there, if you are then it's not the relay, but by check power I mean make sure it's 12v or more, not oh it's turning on so it works, I know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts