BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a muffler to put on my car and it sounds better then most exhausts out there. I've heard clips of other exhausts on bmw's but I think the magnaflow sounds the best. Me and my exhaust shop are gonna run a dual pipe strait to the muffler for better flow. And put a Y pipe at the end. If we can't go all the way back then i'm gonna run it as far as possible like that.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also i'd like to add that you really can't tell just by looking at it that its aftermarket. It looks almost identical to stock on a quick glance. expecially with all this road salt we got up in the northeast now. I'm ready for winter to be over

·
Registered
169 Posts
do u have any pics or maybe a sound clip im thinkin of doing something like it . i want to cut off the last resonator and weld on a magnaflow with twin 2.5" tips.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should be able to get a pic or two up monday or tuesday. I can attempt to get a sound clip but it will more then likely be crappy quality with my luck

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took a few pics of the exhaust with my camera. and a short video with my cell phone but the quality on it stinks to say the least. It sounds much better in real life then it does in the video

Attachments

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm going to get a better sound clip as soon as I get a better camera to take it with. It sounded a little better on my computer then it did on my phone thats the only reason I decided to post it

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got the muffler installed with a strait pipe cutting out the 2nd resonator back for 180 installed. after we get a y-pipe it'll prolly cost an additional 60 or 70 to cut out the 1st resonator and put dual pipes back to the muffler. The stock exhaust had two pipes going into the 1st resonator looks like about 1 3/4 inch each then goes to one the rest of the way prolly a liitle under 2 1/2 back the rest of the way. I'm gettin a cat-back for about 250-260 after everything done with prolly better flow then most other exhaust cause of the fact that i'll have two pipes runnin all the way back to the muffler when most are just one thats a good deal in my book

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
I was going to do the same thing today, until one car with a magnaflow drove by, I said nevermind. Given, the car probably had the louder end exhaust spectrum, but instead I had him remove both resonator and put in stright pipes, it is definetly louder then stock, more like the ZHP sound. I can hear it when getting on it, can't hear it at crusing or on cruse control at 55-60mph, it is raspy like the M3 exhuast, I think it is the perfect sound that I was looking for, not to loud but I know its there when i nail it.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^^ thats is almost what mine is like. can't hear it when your just cruising but when you start to get into it it comes to life. I've never really liked the raspy exhausts though. The magnaflow I got sounds 100 percent better in real life then in the video. I did take it with a camera phone not the best for taking these kinds of videos with.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Do you guys remember which model exhaust you have. You have a single inlet with two tips, right. I'm going to do this in the next couple of days, so if you could pass along the model number that would be great.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
great systems. put one on my dad's S2000 last year. awesome fit and finish. and very loud, at least in that application. it's louder than my TSE2, but it's got a high quality sound to it. i would def consider one for my bmw if i didn't already have one...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts