E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I got one custom made for my rieger front end by the person that did my whole kit. I dont know about the one you are getting but I think that they look sweet on the bumper.

Dinan Stage 3 ECU, Dinan CAI, Dinan High Flow Throttle Body, Dinan Exhaust, Hamann Rear, Reiger Front with Custom Splitter, Hamann Sides, Hamann Eye Lids, 19' Hamann HM2's, Eclipse Indash Tv, 7inch Headrest TV's, Orion 500 Watt Amp, Orion 250 Watt Amp, 2 JL Audio W0's, 6% Window Tint

·
Resident CF Whore
2,440 Posts
kazami said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2480730061&category=36475

it states the front spoiler lip will fit on Regier m3 bumper
is tht true ? anyone bought this and tried ?

and where can i buy oem m3 bumper ? i want just the bumper, not with the wider fenders

plz let me know
You cannot buy a M3 bumper without the wider fenders because M3s come with wider fenders.
It's not made to fit regular coupes and sedans, which is why you need to custom fit it.
You can buy an OEM M3 bumper from either the forum or from a dealership like Pacific BMW.
Also, NO, it will not fit on a Rieger bumper.
I do not know why that eBay auction says that, but it's definitely false advertising.
I have a Rieger bumper on my car right now and an OEM M3 bumper in my living room.
I put them side to side and it is definitely not the same.
Then again, I already knew that even before I got the M3 bumper.

·
Registered
310 Posts
That will fit a Reiger bumper probably...It's made by Castle a well known manufacturer of CF and the picture shows it fitted to a Reiger Bumper. That car is not an M3 it's facelifted and looks like chrome around the windows, so either they modified an OEM M3 bumper on to a facelifted E46 or they have a Reiger front. Call up Castle to verify. While yes it is true that the M3 bumper is wider due to the M3's bumpers most of these CF lips and add ons screw from the bottom so I'm sure it would probably fit...also I knew someone was going to make a product like this it was just a matter of time. Also notice the wording guaranteed to fit on your OEM M3 bumper, so to me that says it will fit a Reiger front but not perfectly, call them up and ask them to send you close ups of the lip on a Reiger front!

·
Resident CF Whore
2,440 Posts
If it really will fit a Rieger bumper... then look at it this way...
The Rieger bumper is a full inch lower to the ground than the OEM M3 bumper.
If you're car is dropped... even LOWER.
Would you want a piece of expensive CF scraping everywhere?
I scraped my Rieger even before I dropped my car.
I have 3 and a half fingers from my bumper to the ground.
I had 6 fingers before the drop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.