E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the carbon fiber pedals from UUC over 3 weeks ago. They told me "they'll be in in a few days". The next week they said "any day now". Still unshipped. Despite their email claiming I can call m-f 9-6 EST, it's 5 EST and no answer, no machine...no nothing.

This how they normally work? I'm ready to cancel...if I can get their butts on the phone. Guess it was stupid to add expedited shipping to my order...3 days...lol...try 4 weeks (if they ship monday....if....)

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Usually they are available by phone, I've never really had a problem getting a hold of them. Unfortunately I've grown to expect the innacurate information they convey about when you will recieve your products. This is something that has been discussed quite a bit. :thumbdwn:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really should have researched more I guess. I just bought a $100 pedal set, not anything tremendously important really, but after this, I'd not buy anything else from them.

Their a board sponsor, I hope they read this.

·
Crazy Boy
1,098 Posts
txe46m3 said:
I really should have researched more I guess. I just bought a $100 pedal set, not anything tremendously important really, but after this, I'd not buy anything else from them.

Their a board sponsor, I hope they read this.
my friend when he had his e36 ordered a uuc motorwerks exhaust and they kept claiming it was in shipping for about a month. he gave up and bought a brullen

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Plenty of companies make good pedals. Plenty of companies sell brembos too. I'm shopping for them now....not at UUC.

·
Invalid User
9,504 Posts
i'm waiting for my TSE2, TME, RK3 and ebrake. i don't even remember how long i've waited. but the TME just shipped and the knob should be shipping soon. the tse2 is.....??

4,171 Posts
txe46m3 said:
I ordered the carbon fiber pedals from UUC over 3 weeks ago. They told me "they'll be in in a few days". The next week they said "any day now". Still unshipped.
Odd, we've been saying for awhile that the CF pedals are being re-designed, and will be shipping soon, but no exact date. Sorry if you somehow got some wrong info.

The big change with the CF pedals is that we are changing to a 100% solid CF design. Our previous pedals were aluminum pedals with a CF overlay. The new ones will be an industry-first piece of solid structural CF. The development delay has been with the curved brake and clutch pedals - getting it absolutely perfect is critical, and nothing less will prompt me to rush a half-baked design through.

That's the way you would want it, and that's the way I would want it.

Here's a preview:

txe46m3 said:
Despite their email claiming I can call m-f 9-6 EST, it's 5 EST and no answer, no machine...no nothing.
Summer hours on a Friday afternoon. Break out the whip and club if you think my staff didn't deserve to leave a little early today!

Besides, you probably could have e-mailed me and you would have had an answer before now. Food for thought - a message board is NOT a communication hotline to a company. I post here, but please never assume I will see what you write.

txe46m3 said:
This how they normally work?
Yes, we make millions of dollars by taking orders for fictional product that we never charge for. Hmmm... :D

txe46m3 said:
Guess it was stupid to add expedited shipping to my order...3 days...lol...try 4 weeks (if they ship monday....if....)
Add expedited shipping to an item marked "backordered"?

I am sorry you have experienced an extended delay with your first order. However, the quality of our designs and performance of the products speak for themselves. As a strictly cosmetic item, the lack of the CF pedals should not have caused any major problem. I sincerely hope that we are better able to help you with your future performance needs in a timely fashion.

- Rob

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,669 Posts
:werd: Some times it takes awhile to get stuff from UUC but their gear is worth it. Rob is very good about giving info on recently shipped stuff.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Rob is only one man....

and yes he has a staff, but his shiznitt is good, great, need I say the best. When u have UUC product u have quality, PERIOD. Would you rather get an item the next day, and it be crap. Yeah, you might have to wait a while 'cause some of the people Rob contracts do not produce in time, but I tell you this, it will be ToP Notch. So wait till you get, and be Happy..or take the latter, and go with other companies, then wish you would have waited:thumbup:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rob,

From your order confirmation:

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL.

If any changes need to be made to your order, please call us at 908-874-9092(M-F, 9am-6pm EST) and speak with a UUC Performance Consultant.

ORDER CHANGES MUST BE MADE WITH A UUC REPRESENTATIVE - MESSAGES OR E-MAIL CHANGES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

Can you see why I did not email you?

As for your statements:

Summer hours on a Friday afternoon. Break out the whip and club if you think my staff didn't deserve to leave a little early today!

and

Yes, we make millions of dollars by taking orders for fictional product that we never charge for.

I have no problem with getting off a bit early. I'm glad to hear you're doing so well. How about investing some of that mad cash in a answering machine. Hell,my company only grossed 450k last year, but I got myself one.

More to the point:

Odd, we've been saying for awhile that the CF pedals are being re-designed, and will be shipping soon, but no exact date. Sorry if you somehow got some wrong info.

My original post would make no sense at all if this is what I had been told 3 weeks ago. I have been told that they were being shipped to you and they would go out "any day" twice on the telephone. Further, I originally ordered the aluminum pedals which did not show up as backordered on the website, but where backordered anyway. When I called to get an eta I was told that the carbon fiber pedals would be in at the same time, so I changed my order and added the dead pedal whenever it becomes available. Why don't you check the order status page for order #109897. You'll see that it has been ammended by your staff, and the comments say:

Please ADD a Carbon Fiber Dead Pedal when available out tomorrow!

Doesnt that sound like it was going to ship tomorrow (a while ago) w/o the dead pedal? Understand my confusion/impatience now?

I did not start this thread to bash you, your company, your staff, or your product. Although I have not researched your company in the way I have others, I have read nothing but good things about your products - especially your short shifter. I simply posted a question to determine if my current experience was within the normal range.

If you'd like, you can contact me via email at [email protected].

-Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts