BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, I have an 02 M3 and I dont like the fact that it takes no force whatsoever to turn the wheel.... especially at high speeds. Is there any way that I can subtract some of the assist to the power steering system? Maybe underdrive the PS pump?

Any ideas?

AdamR

·
Mod Squad
12,677 Posts
If you ever find out a way to stiffen the steering, let me know. Every time I jerk the wheel if I sneeze or something, I'm afraid I'll run off the freakin' road:banghead:

·
Bimmerless
1,963 Posts
My steering seemed to stiffen to a more acceptable resistance when I slammed it. I dont think they offer retrofit for our cars.

·
E46Fanatic
3,142 Posts
Anthony said:
My steering seemed to stiffen to a more acceptable resistance when I slammed it. I dont think they offer retrofit for our cars.
yep, i just got the eibach pro-kit installed and the steering does feel tighter.

·
Registered
21 Posts
stiffen steering

i think my car's steering is too light as well but when i tried my friends m3 . His was totally different. Then he totalled his car and got another m3. That one was too light as well. I went up to the service rep and asked him about this and he said the steering was fine. I think it has to do with bmw manufacturing consistency
I have tried drving at least 5 e46 m3 including my own and some are light while others are heavy as they should be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts