E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bottom Line Up Front - Does anyone have any tips before I swap out my F/R door wiring harness? I don't want to buy another one.

So, I put in a new window regulator into my '03 325i and broke the airbag connector tabs. That caused the SRS light to come on, it won't reset, and the code shows the F/R door connector (code was 10:06, I think) - no surprise there. I found a thread that shows what the connector is supposed to look like, and mine's definitely missing the shorting tabs. I got the part number from the old one (6 913 080) and ordered a new one because I couldn't find any on a popular online auction site. It came in today so I will be putting it on soon. First, I need to put new connectors on for the main speaker because I upgraded the OEM ones. I figure it's easier to solder on a bench rather than hanging off the door like last time. I need to get it done soon because I got a recall for the passenger airbag. I figure the stealership will try to charge me extra or refuse to swap out the faulty airbag if the fault is still there.

Before I start, has anyone done this in the past that has some do's and don'ts? I'd really like to not spend another $79 buying a new one. I'm not just going to swap out the airbag connector because I don't want to throw a high resistance code.

While I'm here, any tips for removing the airbag connector from the airbag without breaking the fragile tips? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Do you know if any of the other connectors are as fragile as the airbag connector?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got it. Thanks for the reassurance. I'll try to take it easy on the connector this time. I've unplugged the speaker plugs multiple times when I take of the door panel. I thought I'd be doing it this weekend, but work let me know this morning that I'll be away. Oh well, hopefully next weekend stays open. I'll set up the camera & takes some pics to share (and for reference).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.