BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Background: 2001 325xi. Stock struts....so I need new ones. Also my swaybar end links are broken as well. I Always said I would only lower my car if I need new suspension components anyway. Well I do now!

Ok I was browsing suspension kits online and this one from pelican parts is AMAZING just over 1k for the springs and struts and basically all the mounting hardware AND tons of bushings plus sway bar end links!!!
http://www.pelicanparts.com/BMW/catalog/shopcart/BE46/POR_BE46_SUSshk_pg1.htm

But......ITS NOT FOR AN XI! ugh. Too good to be true. Does anyone know if I can get a similar deal but for xi's?

Also, my attraction to this kit is that it has new everything, so the preventive maintenance is killer! I don't need anything slammed or near it.... And I know tons of people don't search and say "find me a kit!" but I have searched and I am looking for something like that link above but for an xi :(

If not are there any cheap places I can pick up all those extra parts included in the pelican parts package? Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump.

The main thing I am trying to do is a suspension overhaul. Ca anyone chime in on the different pieces for xi's? From my understanding it's just the fact that there are struts in the back...,,

·
Registered
593 Posts
get H&R springs, Bilstein shocks/struts and all new parts from getmybmwparts.... unforutnately, the aftermarket is not kind to the Xi.... Have you checked out the Xi subforum? there is a ton of great info there.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
get H&R springs, Bilstein shocks/struts and all new parts from getmybmwparts.... unforutnately, the aftermarket is not kind to the Xi.... Have you checked out the Xi subforum? there is a ton of great info there.
Yeah I've been poking around alot. The front is relatively the same I thought. I do want to drop, but I don't want to mess with my cv joint or anything else. I browsed through the comprehensive suspension thread and no one has an xi! I guess I'll post up in the xi forum. Worth a shot. I just need to figure out which components might as well be replaced while I am replacing the struts and coils....

·
Registered
593 Posts
THe front is totally different. strong CA's, thicker sways, etc. i am at 111k and just now have to replace 1 cv shaft. and it's only cause i dont wnat to get all sloppy replacing the boot. The H&R springs are a modest drop. The cv's are actually parallel with the rd now when before they had a constant pitch.

get the strut bearing (OEM) get an upgraded Rear shock mount (will also allow for easier changes later on). Aside from that not much else. check real oem for any small bits.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts