BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much are they and where can I get them?
yes yes i dont care about the blue.:D

·
BABY BANGBUS
2,369 Posts
10,000k???? I think the most u can buy right now is like 8000k and its already blue as hell, used only for off road use.

Also, anything more than 6500k, it becomes very blue or purple and thats kinda nasty....u want the white and 6000-6500k does just that. To be honest, in my opinion, philips is the whitest so far out of all the ones I am see in person.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i searched the forum and 10000k does exsist and so does 8000k I believe. 8000k looked a lot brighter than stock. Anyone know where I can get some of these badboys?:dunno:

·
Registered
790 Posts
They are not brighter than stock, they put out signifigantly less light (measured in lumens.) You'd be sacrificing light for style, don't do it!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heres some pics I found in a search of 8000k compared to stock. Check it out.

Attachments

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
another

Attachments

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
another

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
10000K Xenon Bulbs exist. But not many people has it and I don't think anyone carry those in US/Canada. They are for sale in Asia. Very bright, saw someone put 2 pairs of those on their ride, one pair for low beam, and the other pair in foglight

·
E46Fanatic
3,129 Posts
8000K and 10,000K are way too much color. too blue, they look like those cheap wannabe xenon bulbs. i believe that natural sunlight is 5,200K so ideally, that would make the perfect output for a xenon bulb (not that you'd be able to really notice anyway, but just for arguments sake). stock osrams put out 4,100, philipps put out 4,300 and the philipps 6000K's put out 5,800 making it the closest bulb to what would be considered natural sunlight. most likely the two best bulbs you can have would be stock philipps or 6000K philipps. i think the 99'/00's had an even higher output, think around 4,500 or 4,800 (correct me if i'm wrong), so that would probably the best bulbs to have currently. i love the 6000k's and the upgrade was definitely an improvement over my stock osrams.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so to upgrade to 6000k I only need the bulbs correct? which i believe i saw at hids4less.com for 325.00. Are the ones from hid4less.com the best?

·
E46Fanatic
3,129 Posts
Lotek said:
so to upgrade to 6000k I only need the bulbs correct? which i believe i saw at hids4less.com for 325.00. Are the ones from hid4less.com the best?
that's where i got mine, but i think u can get them cheaper than that now. i'm pretty sure u can find them under $300.

·
E46Fanatic
3,129 Posts
crap, sorry lotek, guess i should be more helpful. what ur looking for are the philipps ultinon (or something like that) 6000K's. doesn't matter where u get them, as long as those are them.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Here's a chart for color temperature. Higher is NOT better, and color temperature has nothing to do with brightness.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
I think 8000k is more than enough...

10000k would look blinding to everyone man!!!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts