BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2 point five 3 two 3 i
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know of Dinan, but I'm curious to see if any one else has come to the market with one. I've ran a quick search but came up with nothing.

I know, I know, I should have gotten a manual.
:tongue:

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Surprisingly, I don't know of any company other than Dinan either. I said "surprisingly" b/c it's so difficult to get significant power gain from tuning the engine software but there's much more enjoyable experience to be gained from tuning the tranny software. You can modify the software to make firmer shifts, reduce the lag in manual mode, and optimize torque converter lock-up.

Maybe we could get Mr. Conforti to make one... hum...

·
Rogue Engineering
2,478 Posts
I would just go with the Technik...it will improve your throttle response and will give you some nice hp...give Rennsport a call...

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Straz 330Ci said:
I would just go with the Technik...it will improve your throttle response and will give you some nice hp...give Rennsport a call...
truwon is talking about the tranny software... :dunno:

·
2 point five 3 two 3 i
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jspeed said:

truwon is talking about the tranny software... :dunno:
yeah, I'm already running the Dinan engine software (I probably would have gotten the Technik, but it wasn't an option at the time)

But like Jspeed said, I'm surprised no one else has one. I would like quicker shifts in manual mode and was looking for other options besides Dinan. But I guess it doesn't seem like there is anything else on the market.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts