E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Legendary like a schoolboy
6,387 Posts
Ive taken my 330ci to glenoaks and raced an rsx and smoked it before. More worried bout suburus and s2000's-under street race conditions.

·
Legendary like a schoolboy
6,387 Posts
glenoaks is one of the many "spots" where people dat aint got ish to do 12-3 fri sat drag race in sun valley, close to glendale and closer to Tujunga/La crescenta. I used to go alot back when i had a type R.
But after 3-4 yrs Itz been a burn. Great times and crazy moments..probably witnesses more than a dozen accidents in cluding cop cars.. The funny thing is more than half of the accident was due to people stopping their car by pulling the ebrake:D:D:D:D

·
yuppie racing
1,831 Posts
My friend and I have dragged our cars at englishtown raceway park a few times. He owns (or should I say owned as his car was just stolen) a integra type R, and I have a 330ci step. On almost all occasions, regardless of who was driving the car, I posted better times. My personal best was a 14.67, but most the time I got 14.8s and 14.9s. Another friend of mine owns a rsx type S and after driving my car he definetly think mine is faster.
So if you have a 330 manual, you definitly should have no problem taking him on.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think if the guy in the Type-r or RSX-S can drive he has a good chance of beating a Step 330. I lost to a GSR with I/H/E and ignition in my 330i step. It was close but he took me by a nose. some of those Hondas are quick with the right driver. Now doubt that a Type -r or RSX-S with minor mods can beat a 330 manual.

·
Formerly 330CI6spd
477 Posts
ilovebmw said:
just curious which would win in a drag
I used to have a '01 Acura CL type S with headers and AEM CAI. It would definitely smoke a stock 330 anyday. I don't know about one modified.

·
yuppie racing
1,831 Posts
uly said:
I think if the guy in the Type-r or RSX-S can drive he has a good chance of beating a Step 330
It's always possible as both have similar 0-60 times of mid to upper 6's. But then again you can say the same think about the step owner knowing how to drive his car. The best time anyone who drove my friends type r, was like a 14.7, and these were from some really good honda fanatics. Of course no one should underestimate the type Rs but than again, dont underestimate the step 330's either. My best track time in my step is faster than some 330 manual times that ive seen. And there is more to driving those cars with step than stomping the gas when the light says green.

Back to the original post though- stock for stock a 330 manual shouldnt have any trouble with the type R and definetly not the rsx type s.

·
E46Fanatic
3,060 Posts
a girl that i'm friends with, her boyfriend had a yellow type-R and i beat him every time in my 97' SE 5 spd maxima. i had mods, but my 330Ci is quicker than my max was, so i'm guessing you'll have no problem against it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts