E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
BMW 320i 2002 e46 5spd manual RHD
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it looks like a horn/alarm of some sorts, but i tested the alarm, and had my brother honk, with my ear right up to it, it doesnt make a sound, so its not alarm nor horn, but its wired into the cars harness shomehow, so i cant follow it. Any ideas?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aftermarket alarm siren. Don't you just love how those assholes run screws right through the metal?
Seen it 10,000 times, complete disregard for the owner.
Yeah it kinda does pi** me off a bit...atleast now i know i can take it off, looks ugly imo..

·
Registered
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
6,729 Posts
Yeah it kinda does pi** me off a bit...atleast now i know i can take it off, looks ugly imo..
And nevermind that there's two studs right there> Assholes.

·
Registered
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
6,729 Posts
And nevermind that there's two studs right there> Assholes.
Actually now that I'm at the computer. Looks like they did the right thing. They utilized the self tapping stud!
That's a first.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually now that I'm at the computer. Looks like they did the right thing. They utilized the self tapping stud!
That's a first.
I went back and had a closer look (cause when i saw it, it looked like it was drilled so i lost it and just took a walk) but yes, they used one of the things that was already there, i dont know what they are origanaly for... Also i put 12v on the thing, and yes, it is an after market siren, imma strip out the bottom part of the dash later and see if its connected to any aftermarket control box or something, the wiring mut be going somewhere

·
Super Moderator
2003 330cic, 2003 325iT
6,888 Posts
Aftermarket alarm siren. Don't you just love how those assholes run screws right through the metal?
Seen it 10,000 times, complete disregard for the owner.
Looks like they just put a nut on a factory stud. Not sure there is a foul here.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Damn!

As you are in SA, I was hoping it was a part of this system:

Unfortunately that the government quickly shut down, but we have other ways, things the government cant just take away, atleast not yet.

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,984 Posts
Damn!

As you are in SA, I was hoping it was a part of this system:

It's not as good a system as you think. It's great that it uses gas, but when I used mine to thwart a carjacking, it not only pissed off the carjacker, and used most of the gas I had left.

After burning and pissing him off, I floored the car and ran out of gas 1/4 mile later--he started shooting at me but I hid in some bushes and sent my beagle after him to get him. That said, it did brighten the doors' trim pieces nicely. :)

·
Registered
2001 E46 330i Sedan
374 Posts
I went back and had a closer look (cause when i saw it, it looked like it was drilled so i lost it and just took a walk) but yes, they used one of the things that was already there, i dont know what they are origanaly for...
The studs are for mounting Secondary Air Pump.

·
Registered
2004 325i automagic
3,411 Posts
Perhapd they use the same unibody frame for all cars of same type, be it rhd/lhd or usa/row. Or at least minimize the changes. Those three studs look right for the sap mounting bracket.

·
Registered
2001 325ci
1,180 Posts
Perhapd they use the same unibody frame for all cars of same type, be it rhd/lhd or usa/row. Or at least minimize the changes. Those three studs look right for the sap mounting bracket.
agreeable, since my LHD also have ABS module mounting studs (intended for other model) in the drug bin.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts