BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I was driving my 323i from work. It started lagging and wouldn't pick up speed at all. So i get home barley making it. And i turn off the car and turn it back on and when I would rev up the engine the car would like shake around 2 to 3 rpms. I go inside and get the obd scanner and plug it in. It then tells me that my 6th cylinder was miss firing. I go and remove the spark plug on the 6th to find water all over it along with water on the coil. I was like wtf? I take a look at my water in the radiator and it seemed to have oil. Anyone know what might be happening??/ :bawling::cry:

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
oil/coolant mixture is most likely a blown head gasket. check your oil dipstick to see if it has mayonnaise-like substance on it. if it does, then you definitely have a blown head gasket.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys, Man a blown gasket. Ahhhhh :banghead: Ill take some pics and post them of what the oil cap looks like. It kind of looks like it has rust. :eek:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Water on the coil=a seal type malfunction scenario. Water on the spark plug?? Was it on the tip inside the engine or on the outside where the boot connects? Chas

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was inside the coil. And when I removed the spark plug it was like kind of rusted. where the coil goes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts