E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been driving around with this rattle for the past two months and I can't seem to figure out what is loose or rubbing. It's erratic and is only initiated by slow, <25mph, right hand turns. I've check the suspension, the hub, powersteering, the braking system, bushings, sway bar and everything seems rock solid. I'm thinking it's a heat shield, but were I don't know:hmm:. The car is mechanically fine as there is no change in steering input effort or feel, no vibration in the steering wheel. Any ideas?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tzu0JKP-eKc[/youtube]

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Do you have headers. Might be hitting the FCAB or lower protective plate.

·
:D
7,735 Posts
possibly heat sheild, possibly exhaust clamp. i had a noise similar to this but it only occurred at idle. if you jack up your car or put it on ramps you should be able to easily check both your heat sheild and all exhaust clamps.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
possibly heat sheild, possibly exhaust clamp. i had a noise similar to this but it only occurred at idle. if you jack up your car or put it on ramps you should be able to easily check both your heat sheild and all exhaust clamps.
I did, but no luck trying to find some thing loose. It's mechanically fine, its just annoying:banghead:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Can't contribute really because I have no idea, but on a side note, where did you get the camera to be able to make that video? I want one!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts