BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a Dinan Rear Strut brace off a fellow E46er. He was supposed to include the hardware. All I received was the strut brace.

Can anyone tell me if there are longer bolts, washers, etc that come with a Dinan (or any brand) rear strut brace or do you just use the existing bolts where it attaches?

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes the rear shock tower brace that goes in your trunk. You have to cut your trunk carpet liner.

I know the front one on my 911 came with different bolts as they were longer to compensate for the thickness of the strut brace frame that went over the shock tower.

If it just came with the tools, I am sure I probably have the correct size in my tools.

·
Registered
365 Posts
The rear came with different nuts, but not bolts. Yes it did come with the allen key and wrench but those aren't neeeded as long as you have the proper sizes, I just keep them in my trunk for when I need to remove the bar, so you may want to go out and buy an extra allen key and wrench to do that, I rarely had to remove it for space, but the few times I did I wasn't home by my garage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts