BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might get an after market head set and I don't like the thought of the buttons on my bimmer steering wheels being useless.

Yes I know about the PAC unit but i heard it's hard DIY and u still gotta mount the remote for the HU somewhere facing the HU.

so, any good replacement steering wheels w/ no buttons (except the horn of course) to use? Will I lose the airbag?

·
Network Analyst
3,469 Posts
Run the infrared emitter right under the head unit. I think it's thin enough that it will fit. Or, drill a hole in the face plate kit and have the emitter point up and out a little bit. That might work.

I think the only aftermarket steering wheels you can get are racing wheels. I don't think any racing wheel has an airbag. If I were you I'd keep the stock wheel.

dave

·
Wohnhafter perverser Mensch
3,328 Posts
if you don't get a victor steering wheel, you're gonna lose the air bag.

it's the usual suspects as for steering wheel brands momo, omp, etc.

·
booo for body roll.
3,417 Posts
hm u can barely use any of the buttons on the wheel besides cruise control. i mean do you have like hands free kit or anything? i just say leave it. or get an m3 wheel. or just a reg wheel with no buttons

·
Registered
129 Posts
Actually, I like the one bimmer ese posted, you often only see those on the most expensive of cars with the biggest of matching chrome wheels and thinnest of tires you can find! :pimpin:

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Liquid Metal said:
Actually, I like the one bimmer ese posted, you often only see those on the most expensive of cars with the biggest of matching chrome wheels and thinnest of tires you can find! :pimpin:
Yeah, but then you have to spend all that dosh on hydraulics and stuff ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts