BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I've got a 1999 323i sedan with over 99K miles on it. I've had a lot of small minor repairs such as the window regulators breaking on me, sunroof shade broken, and some other small stupid repairs which are costly to fix, but have had no engine problems at all. I've done all the scheduled maintenance on time and do my oil changes at every 5K miles.

Does anyone have a E46 with over 100K miles? If so, have you had any problems with the engine or other problems?

If I continue to do the scheduled maintenance on time, will I be ok for another 100K miles? The BMW dealerships and the repair shop I take my car for service both say that my engine should last me a good 200K.

I'm just trying to decide if I should keep this car til it dies on me or sell it now and try to get a new 3-series. But with the bad economy I'm afraid of not having a stable job to make the payments.

Any suggestions?

·
OG Moderator Extraordinaire
6,210 Posts
your BMW should definitely hold up until 200k. BMW inline 6-cylinder engines are practically bullet proof. Keep up with the maintenance and treating it right (don't abuse it) and you should be fine :thumbup:

·
Registered
440 Posts
If you really want to keep the car for a while then I would invest in some sort of extended warranty. Try getting a factory warranty or other reputable one.

This may save you the headache down the line.

I bought one with my car which lasts till 91K so I know if I want to keep this car beyond that then I will look for an extended warranty.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats the problem. I didn't get the extended warranty on my car once it reached 50K miles because I didnt' think I needed it. I didn't have any problems at all until about 75K miles. Now it's too late for getting the extended warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts