BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used the Bavauto vacuum leak troubleshoot guide and the SAI valve never opens. So I looked at the vacuum control hose and the rubber hose had broken at both the valve, and the vacuum control switch under the manifold.

I got some hose from Advanced Auto Parts and switched the part connecting to the valve, but I can't get at the vacuum control switch. Is there a way to remove it without removing the manifold? I've removed the intake boot and throttle body again because the lower boot wasn't seated properly. If I have to remove the manifold, I might as well do it now while that stuff is also out.

Any DIY on the vacuum control switch? The one thread I found on it is kinda vague. I never felt any lever back there, and it's hard to see even with a mirror. PEACE.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Bump. I can't find any information on this for the life of me. I guess I'm also gonna look for a DIY on removing the manifold. That seems like the logical next step. PEACE.

EDIT: I didn't feel like bumping again. I decided I couldn't remove the switch, and I wasn't about to remove the intake manifold. So I just used my finger to remove as much of the old hose as possible, then put the new one on it. I did this blind, as it was tough even with a mirror and flashlight. I'm gonna put the rest of the intake back together now and hopefully everything works just fine. We'll see.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts