E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer called me today and said the airbag control module and wiring harness were replaced and that he wanted to put around 50-75 miles on the car to see if the SRS light came back on.
One of his service reps will take the car home and bring it back tomorrow.
Should I have not gone for it or is it ok or will the tech just drive it hard.
I have heard some horror stories from Mustang owners but not from any BMW guys
Any anticipated problems or things to look for when i goto pick my car and return their loaner.
:)

·
Registered
445 Posts
uhhh I wouldn't, why didn't you tell him you'd take it back and call him if it had a problem... anyhow, well check your mpg if it's in the teens then they drove your car really hard.. amt. of gas remaining...and exterior for dings/dents

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
1,766 Posts
WTF? Are you nuts? Why would you trust some lowly mechanic at a BMW dealer to take your car home and bring it back the next day? That's bullsh*t. It sounds completely unprofessional to say "One of his service reps will take the car home and bring it back tomorrow." Tell your service advisor to learn some proper business skills and manners before he chooses to work for a BMW dealership.

·
Registered
755 Posts
eh, if they break it, they fix it right?

I had a bmw service guy drop off one of the dealership cars at my house (5er wagon) and he picked up my car to take back to the dealership so they could fix my problem. Mostly because I didn't have the time to go out of my way to get to the dealership.

My car came back fine, just look it over real closely before you leave with your car. :dunno:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya. i know ..i know i have been a fool :banghead: :banghead:
dang, now i won't be able to sleep tonight thinking how my baby is being treated.
Dang he sounded so convincing, saying that the previous 2 times he let me have the car immediately and the SRS light came on, so he wanted to test drive it. Well he put it that since none of his techs has the time during the day to drive the car around during normal work hours hence he is going to let a service tech take it to home abot 20 miles from dealership and bring it back tomorrow..

And to top it , i griped about the slow retraction of the seatbelt and he admitted a TSB on it, but since he can't duplicate the issue, he cannot fix it. I was like WTF...i am trying another dealership now..this one is trying on my nerves.
I will check my car for sure dings, dents, scratches, my mods , the miles and mpg.
Let you guys know tomorrow.
Thanks for the fb guys :)

·
needs a new sig...
3,408 Posts
In the past my delaer art the time (circle) used to come to my house pick up my moms car (528i) for service leave us a rental car and bring the car back when the service is finished... we never ahd any problems at all..if you know the dealer and hve bougth ars from them before and you trust them then by all means..it shouldnt be a problem

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.