BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting the anti-theft alarm system: Siren, Radio interior protection, Tilt alarm sensor or Wire STDWA Short Circuit fault.

When I lock or unlock the car, the car behaves normally (unlocks car, or locks car and the amber turn signals turn on (no sound)). I tried clearing the code but it's a currently present fault which makes me feel like something is missing or not working as intended? I am not too familiar with the alarm systems for these cars.

This is for a 2003 E46 330i sedan ZHP.

Thanks in advance for any leads. Is it possible there's no horn (resulting in no sound)? How would I check for that?

·
Registered
2001 E46 330i Sedan
346 Posts
Let us know what is the fault code.

·
Registered
2001 E46 330Ci, LSD diff, Dinan performance, Facelifted Mpackage
136 Posts
what is the exact code that you are getting?
Also did you retrofit the alarm system or did your car come with one?

·
Premium Member
3,488 Posts
That usually happens when people enable the alarm, but, don’t install the other pieces that are part of the alarm retrofit kit.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics

·
Registered
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
1,531 Posts
The OP is locked in his car

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Well intentioned laugh, BUT these things actually did happen. I was a young technician at the dealers when BMW rolled out their first high end (all the bells & whistles) E32 735/750. Some of those cars could leave you locked inside. The way to get out was to take the key out of the ign. open the drivers window, insert the key to the outside door lock turn and lift the handle at the same time, over extending the door lock to get out. Took BMW a couple of months to fix the few that had that issue.
Imagine going from a Benz to BMW and having that happen to you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts