E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there much different between the two? I am looking at

http://www.amazon.com/Permatex-09128-Copper-Anti-Seize-Lubricant/dp/B000HBM8HU/ref=pd_sim_auto_3

and

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VXPY2M/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Do I need both anti squeal and seize for new pads and rotors installation or just one product? The Anti seize can be used on the rotors and back of the pads. So, what does the plastitube anti squeal for? Is it just another product you can use for both installation? please help. thanks!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Y U NO LUBE IT WITH MENS LUBE... -> LulZ

I never used any of this stuff and my brakes only squeal when I bake 'em....lol

I would guess that anything copper/nickel is going to work - meaning they're both good for the job.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
a bit of anti-seize on the rotors, where they meet the hub, will help keep the rotor from rusting onto the hub.
You don't need anti-squeal if your pads are filed at about 45 degrees on the leading and trailing edges. a lot of packs come that way nowadays.
I have been using the filing/angling trick for about 20 years and my pads never squeal; except for some racing pads that squealed like a banshee when cold.

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,764 Posts
anti seize around hub, and you can also lightly coat both hub and wheel with it, carefully spreading it out thin...and keeping it away from the lug threads...coz you don't want anti-seize on them.

Brake grease for caliper guide pins and bushings (after having cleaned them), and on the mating surfaces between the pad brackets on their resting place on caliper.

I used anti-squeal myself...but didn't know that the angle on pad material is sufficient by itself. Learn something new every day!

Doug

1 - 6 of 6 Posts