E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Network Analyst
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day while trying to test fit my CDA-7894 into my car I noticed that the stock antenna cable would not fit into the antenna adapter I got from Sound Domain.

This is the adapter I got from Sound Domain:

http://www.sounddomain.com/shop/item.pl?sku=SCOVWAB&vq_id=none

The antennae adapter fits just fine into the head unit's antennae input but I don't see how the car's stock antennae wire will fit into the adapter. The antenna on the car is in the shape of a small block with a small circle in the middle almost like a female. The input of the adapter is female as well. I don't see how they are supposed to connect together. As far as i can tell they just won't connect together.

Did I get the wrong one or am I missing something?

dave

·
hammer talks like this
4,172 Posts
are you sure you got the right one? i hear they changed the plug in 2002. I sold the metra antenna adapter at my shop. it was labeled unverisal euro antenna adapter and said 2002 and up. or it might say VW antenna adapter.

·
Network Analyst
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, well. I ordered the adapter as shown on the Sound Domain page. However this is what I got.

The bag is labelled "VWAB VW Antenna Adaptor Bagged" but on the Scosche website the antenna I got is called "MDA Micro/Delco Antenna Adapter Tip".

Did I get the right bag but the wrong part?

dave

·
Network Analyst
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bender said:
migh have... i remember there was two antenna one has to do with the VW power antenna.
:mad:

Well if that is the case then I have to talk to Sound Domain for sending me the wrong part.

They better not give me any crap for opening the package.

Well, I'm sure Tweeter will have the right antenna adapter when I get them to do the install tommorow.

dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts