BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 weeks ago i raised it another inch because of huge ass speed bumps at the grocery store ( which is next to mcdees so thought i would be coming back often) lol never went back after i raised it a bit no damage done ,the entrance to where i work got worn down and became steep because of transport trucks entering and exiting first time i scrapped the bottom of the front bumper,

LAst week ****ing tire in the middle of the lane with rusty ass rim i saw it soon as the front suv pass over it i slammed the brakes but it went right under the car smashed the cover and the cars front wheels were off the ground luckly the bumper wasnt damaged at all but cover was ruined... removed the cover cause it was scrapping cause of crack in the middle of it ...ok whatever no biggy it happened 2-3 minutes away from work so easy to get tools , tens minutes after leaving again im speeding up to get on to the highway guy infront is going 50km/h speed limit 100km/h so i change lanes to speedup and merge i miss another tire just rubber but it was wide tire ( looked brandnew ) i missed by 3 feet goin 120ish swerving into the closing right side lane
**** my luck lol wanted to reverse back and get the tire but it was too far ...

TODAY went got oil change , would do it myself but jack wont fit under the car, so went to a shop that can lift my car there normal lift could fit under the car so i drove to another shop with ramps i slowly drove up on the ramp no problem no scraps nothing but fkuking guy decides to pull it out for me and scraps the side skirts i saw from driver side and it wasnt that bad but still hurt :facepalm: he brought it to the front and gave me the keys looked at the car shining in the sun :drool:'d and drove to friends was sitting in the car cig lighter fuse was blown so took out the horn one to replace it for now needed to charge phone (iphone battery sucks) stepped out walked around the car and dropped the phone and saw that the side skirt has came off aroudn the rear, bent down to see if i can pop it back in, and i see that my front bumper is cracked ...:censor: tommorow taking off the coilovers and selling them kwv2's

post what should i do? raise the car again , go back to stock ? i was reading about air ride but heard u give up handling?
post your ride height , comfort issues , handling
sorry for long story

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
got to stay low is all worth it, not to low, and just be careful, i'm at 3_1/8" front 3_3/4"rear, floor to bottom of jack plastic location, oh I would stay with coilovers

·
Registered
950 Posts
used tires like you.......

I'd leave it lowered we all have those weeks that you had. And having a lowered car expect to scrape here and there I just hate when you can feel the scrape right under you.

Yea.......my coupe was slammed on RL's I couldn't even fit a pack of cigs under the car

·
Registered
338 Posts
Once you drop your car you lose the luxury of clearance and yo ugotta deal with it.

Jacking my car up is a pain now because I have to use the stock jack on a corner just to get the front high enough to put my low pro craftsman jack under, then the same for the rear. Also anytime my car needs to go to the shop I have to take off the front Hamman lip.

Some people can accept the extra work, some can't. I just love the look and will NEVER go back :)

Good luck with the sale.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts