BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
am doing research on if the bmwipod adaptor (http://www.bmwipod.com) works with the new (came out this morning) Ipod Photo (40g and 60g).

Now on the site it states it works only with 3rd Generation ipod and Ipod mini. wtf!

I don't remember seeing that under "How to IPOD your BMW." Confused...

·
Banned
840 Posts
jazzy_james said:
am doing research on if the bmwipod adaptor (http://www.bmwipod.com) works with the new (came out this morning) Ipod Photo (40g and 60g).

Now on the site it states it works only with 3rd Generation ipod and Ipod mini. wtf!

I don't remember seeing that under "How to IPOD your BMW." Confused...
The 4th Generation will work on the BMW kit as well, I'm not sure why it was removed. As for the new 40/60G iPod Photo-capable devices, no one knows - Apple is not shipping these for about 2 weeks.

According to our Apple rep, the OS interface is compatible, we will be testing the new iPods into our Active Cradle to verify dimensions as soon as it arrives.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DensionUSA said:
The 4th Generation will work on the BMW kit as well, I'm not sure why it was removed. As for the new 40/60G iPod Photo-capable devices, no one knows - Apple is not shipping these for about 2 weeks.

According to our Apple rep, the OS interface is compatible, we will be testing the new iPods into our Active Cradle to verify dimensions as soon as it arrives.
Since the new iPod can play photo slideshows with music, I just realized that the Dension adaptor may be the better choice since the BMW ipod adaptor locks the screen and controls. Am I right?

Tom, can you verify for us that this functionality will work with your Dension adaptor? Imagine viewing a photo album slideshow on your iPod while listening to your favorite music thru your car speakers...

·
Banned
840 Posts
jazzy_james said:
Since the new iPod can play photo slideshows with music, I just realized that the Dension adaptor may be the better choice since the BMW ipod adaptor locks the screen and controls. Am I right?

Tom, can you verify for us that this functionality will work with your Dension adaptor? Imagine viewing a photo album slideshow on your iPod while listening to your favorite music thru your car speakers...
Correct, we will not lock out the iPod just to gain 5 playlists on the Head Unit. It's too much to throw away for a very small convenience.

As for the new iPods, our Aple rep has informed us that the OS will be similiar to other iPOds, it will work with the ice>Link. As soon as we can get a test unit here in house (Apple is not shipping for at least 1 week) we will verify. Dimensionally, it is supposed to be the same as a 40G 3G model, but I believe in hands-on testing.

As for viewing pictures on the iPod while listening to your radio, do you know you still have to drive, right? :craig:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Actually Tom, according to the Apple website it seems the iPod Photo is a bit thicker than the 4th gen 40G iPod:

iPod Photo 4.1 x 2.4 x 0.75 inches

iPod 40G 4.1 x 2.4 x 0.69 inches

/bfg

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DensionUSA said:
No worries, I've got the new 60G iPhoto iPod coming in a couple of weeks, we'll see how it goes!
cool! That's exactly what I want. Planning to order that massive 60G. But it ain't cheap at $599. Let us know how your testing goes...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts