E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I appreciate this subject has been covered many times and I have read a multitude of posts on this and other forums.
Anyway I'm about to fix the batwing on the left side of my 330ci
I have the strings and replacement plastic part. No problem I doing that job but the headliner is already damaged and I didn't find much on that other than fit a new headliner

I've only just bought the car and have a priority list of things to do (cooling autobox fluid etc. Etc.) so whilst I will probably get a new headliner at some stage I hope to postpone for a bit.
Current plan is not to try and bodge or stitch myself but fit the batwing and secure the liner with extra strong double sided gorilla tape then take to a local car upholstery place to see if they can fix.
Views would be appreciated.
Grey Automotive design Bag Fixture Motor vehicle

·
Registered
18 Posts
The headliner is glued together so fabric glue will fix the tabs. Then I would tape the metal to make it less sharp and if there is any slack in the part covering the metal I would pull it up and try to get some stitches of monofilament fishing line through the fabric. If it needs more support tape it and sew through the tape.
And eventually a new headliner. And new goddamn batwings because they will be broken by then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts