BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the best place to buy the Angel Eyes for my 2001 330cic.
Are they all the same?
Thanks For the info.:D

·
needs a new sig...
4,662 Posts
hehe..before a another run away thread begins i will say there are 2 companies that are the comparable
One makes DAE's and the other makes DDE's

www.fiberdesign.biz for dae's
www.umnitza.com for dde's

Both offer "similar" products..IMO i think both are great kits either way you go you will be happy..people will tell you one is better then tohe other or the customer service is better somewhere but in all seriousness both are board sponsors so either way you go you will be happy..use the search function for more info!

·
Site Sponsor
18,471 Posts
GarretF - thank you for being objective.

All I can say to your comment is that they are no longer similar in ANY way except that they offer the same "idea"
We went forward in our design, not uncopy-able, but certainly not at our price point.

·
is baaaaaaaaaack...
1,127 Posts
PaulCic --- check your PM.

·
is baaaaaaaaaack...
1,127 Posts
I am selling a set of Fiberdesign DAE's Gen III, and have a set of the Gen II rings and all the colored lenses for $175 shipped.

this kit is BRAND NEW still in the box and i am selling it the for sale forum.:thumbup:

·
Site Sponsor
18,471 Posts
Here we go again! It's becoming quite a soap opera, and I for one will not let my name nor the name of my product nor the name of anyone else be run through the ringer by false claims.

Don't be plagued with fitment issues, overheating lightboxes, and burnt fiber optics. If you're tired of continued charges for prodcut upgrades; order the FiberDesign DAE kit today.
"Fitment issues" - like what? that fact that your existing non-redesigned clips are still thicker than ours?

"Overheating" - your boxes don't get hot? not possible, considering we've tested "your" box from YOUR supplier and found that it DOES heat up - which quite frankly is normal.

"Continued 'charges'" - at least if you're going to attempt at untruth, try to spell check. For the record, I know what you mean, and it's called PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT - something you (Herb) know little about. We update to keep our competition from COPYING what we do. BMW takes about 8 months to roll updates into the existing models. Toyota does as well. We strive to model our business after LEADERS in the industry.

I'm going to have to set the record straight once again.
Smaller Lightbox = cheaper lower quality
Hence the price difference.

So, for your past customers:
How do they feel since they just purchased their Gen III (obvious copy of our own naming which we started) for $269 and up now that only 2 months later they can buy from the same retailer a kit for $70 more? Will you be refunding them $70? I would hope so, they'll feel pretty bad I assume, I know I would.

What are your CLAIMS? Are they substantiated? How about lumen ratings? How about MTBF? What about bulb types? I've been all too happy to let our customers know all of these things. We have actual TESTS that we perform.

What about customers that want to "upgrade" to the "new" and "unproved" kit? Do they send in their old box and pay an upgrade fee? Wait, how can they, the new kit is cheaper than what they paid just a few short weeks ago? Or, were you simply not worried about that because you didn't have that many sales.

I'll happily continue to sell Gen IVs if you guys want - the existing customers that have migrated from the Herb kit to the DDE kit (the original) have been satisfied.

you might want to spell check your little ad as well - last I checked continental was not spelled with 2 "e's", equipped is spelled with 2 "p's" and Amex is not spelled "AmeEx"

·
Registered
6,829 Posts
i know umnitza has great service

·
Site Sponsor
18,471 Posts
p0tpie said:
i know umnitza has great service
I want to tell you that I appreciate your sentiment more than I can express on this board.

Thank you very much. I hope that one day, I may return the favor in some way.

·
bored.
1,006 Posts
u could do what my friend learned from honda boards... they took some acrylic, bent it, cut lines in it, and put an led in it. costs about 20 bucks, but is no were near the quality that you will get with either herbs or umnitza. personally pics from both look good, and just cause i gotta say it, bashing each other solves nothing, regardless of who started it. in the end, all that matters is the end result, which looks better in the pics, but now im jus late night ranting.

--soheil

·
Registered
6,829 Posts
umnitza said:

I want to tell you that I appreciate your sentiment more than I can express on this board.

Thank you very much. I hope that one day, I may return the favor in some way.
i actually didn't buy them from you :eeps: although i was wishing i did

·
Site Sponsor
18,471 Posts
p0tpie said:

i actually didn't buy them from you :eeps: although i was wishing i did
Doesn't really matter - one thing I've learned is that I'm true to the product. If you have issues, even if you didn't buy from me, I'll help you.

Aside from Jim P. I know as much about the product, installation, and intricacies of the cars that it goes on to be a valuable asset even if you don't buy from me:)

Check out my PDF - that's all the stuff that I learned while doing LOTS of installs:)

We'll be planning a "big" install party in 2 weeks for the DDE Gen V release and hopefully, some of you guys in SoCal will drop in and I can meet you personally and show you how big of a geek I really am:D

·
Site Sponsor
18,471 Posts
soheilm3 said:
u could do what my friend learned from honda boards... they took some acrylic, bent it, cut lines in it, and put an led in it. costs about 20 bucks, but is no were near the quality that you will get with either herbs or umnitza. personally pics from both look good, and just cause i gotta say it, bashing each other solves nothing, regardless of who started it. in the end, all that matters is the end result, which looks better in the pics, but now im jus late night ranting.

--soheil
Soheil - you're correct. Bashing does nothing, regardless of who started it. It's juvenile.

But, a minor point about those honda board acrylic light adjustment rods, they are visible in deepest darkest night and that's about it:(

·
Site Sponsor
18,471 Posts
OEM rings are powered by LAMPS.
They are fully housed solutions that are manufactured by Shott or Schlott (forget the spelling) and Hella. They are marketed as Luminescent Rings and are actually called Celis technology.

They have a "harness" and usually sell for $150-200 on eBay (or they used to) but the problem with it was that once you bought it, the harness was useless. so, now, you're stuck with $200+ rings that have no way of being lit - so - you go and buy LEDs and those turn out not so bright.:D

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Are those OEM ones the ones covered in black plastic all over? I thought they could be made to work....

Also, when are Gen V shipments gonna begin?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I haven't yet received any product, but I will testify that umnitza has about the best customer service I've dealt with on any board I go to. I'm *huge* on customer service and very loyal to companies that have extraordinary service... I will definately purchase dde's from umnitza in the future.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts