BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yea i got CCFL angel eyes and it only came with these

Any ways i searched around on DIY section and kind of got the idea what to do but i am not sure if it will work.
So i was thinking since there is a button in the car that turns on the fogs, i was thinking just extened those 2 wires down to my fogs(straight down from my headlights) and connect it there, and when ever the fogs are on the angel eyes are on 2. Is this possible? This maybe a nub question but would the lights turn on if you connect those 2 wires to the battery? or would it mess up the angel eyes?
I've seen those DIY pictures for instaling angel eyes but they had those extra wires that i dont have.
plz help

Thank you
(dont make fun of me if these idea i have are stupid :p :) :nyah: )

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where are the other 2??? :hmm:
i have it i just didnt take picture of it, they are both same thing. I just wanted to know if i could connect those black and red wires to the fog lights and when you turned on the fogs the angel eyes would go on.

·
Registered
18,541 Posts
well whatever you do.... don't wire them to the parkin lights because they will blink with your blinkers.......... not good

connect them to the ballast and touch the red wire to the positive terminal and of course ground the black wire
make sure they work

if they work, then you can wire them to your fog lights if thats what you wanna do....
not sure what wire in the fog lights is power or ground, but you can go through that way

if not... maybe you can score a wiring harness from somewhere so that way you can hook it up to your battery and tap it into the wire in the ecu for a switch

make sure they work first, and when you know what your power and ground is (clearly red should be power) then at least you have somewhere to start....

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So i guess these CCFLs work on 12v!! i read some in DYI section that the fogs are 12v anyways if you guys have other ideas that would help me, you are welcom to post. I dont really want to buy all the wiring harness i like the fog idea and i hope it works, or (i dono if this is a good idea xD) i was thinking getting a switch hook it to the angel eyes so i can turn it on and off when ever i want xD!
Btw ty jjr4884

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
before i got pulled over and removed my old blue DDEs

I attached them to the Fogs. Then again I removed my fogs so yeah. They work fine. Also you can turn them of and on with that fog light switch on the LCM.

err. but same properties apply for teh foglights as well for your angel eyes..

highbeans on, angle eyes turn off. Also you have to have your parking lights on to turn them on.. etc.

I think you can get it programmed so it wont do that but Good luck

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
awww sorry for gettin pulled over! :( stupid cops. Any ways ill see what i can do . ill make a remoke key, let me see where i can get the stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
you can tap them in to the fuse box where it will come on when the key is in the ignition.

·
Registered
18,541 Posts
ya but you will need the wiring harness for that.....
you should actually try getting one to see if it works..... i think it will

the wiring harness will have the power and ground going into a box...... then from that box you have 2 large wires (two wires in each) that go to the end of your wires that you have there
then there is one wire that goes to the box in the ecu where you tap that wire

VERY VERY SIMPLE and they go on with the car
if you need more info, let me know
but seriously, try to get one, it will make your life a lot easier!

·
Registered
18,541 Posts
before i got pulled over and removed my old blue DDEs

I attached them to the Fogs. Then again I removed my fogs so yeah. They work fine. Also you can turn them of and on with that fog light switch on the LCM.

err. but same properties apply for teh foglights as well for your angel eyes..

highbeans on, angle eyes turn off. Also you have to have your parking lights on to turn them on.. etc.

I think you can get it programmed so it wont do that but Good luck
can't get it programmed because its illegal to have your HB on with fogs
gonna have to do some crazy wiring for that haha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts