BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 06 FACELIFT E46 Non-M 325Ci, it didnt come with STOCK DRL. I recently installed ANGEL EYES to the ALWAYS ON METHOD. I really dont like how the HEADLIGHT and ANGELS on @ the same time, is there a way that i CAN WIRE UP the ANGEL EYES to just DRL, ON when the HEADLIGHTS r off, and OFF then headlights turn on ??????????

I have the angels tapped in the TRIGGER wire in the BOX, is there a diff wire in the BOX for DRL ??

I think i have seen a similar thread, but i just can find it.

would be very appreciative.

Thanks Guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I have my angel eyes wired to my fog light switch, you could try that.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Bimmer

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have my angel eyes wired to my fog light switch, you could try that.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Bimmer

i had thought about that also bro, but when i turn on the FOGS while the angels r on, they dont match, my headlights n foglights are 8K and the angels r 6k, dont look that great, and i alway have my FOGS on EVERYTIME i turn my headlights on.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I don't think its possible to do it by tapping a different wire from the car. You can add your own switch and have them turn on whenever you want them to.
Edit: just read your previous post. Why don't you just get 6k low and fog bulbs.

·
Registered
32,590 Posts
technically, you can rewire the harness to get everything to work the way you want it. but then you would need to find switched source for power else it will be on all the time.

a switch would be your best bet here to make things easy

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I don't think its possible to do it by tapping a different wire from the car. You can add your own switch and have them turn on whenever you want them to.
Edit: just read your previous post. Why don't you just get 6k low and fog bulbs.
+1. get 6k fog bulbs. 8k seems too blueish. i think the best way to setup your angel eyes is to hook it up to a switch

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't want to buy 6k cuz my 8k work perfectly fine, I guess that can be a option, ganna have to wait till bulbs blow out, most likely ill just go with the switch method, unless I can find the a diff rout.

Thanks for ur input guys.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hello,

I have a 06 FACELIFT E46 Non-M 325Ci, it didnt come with STOCK DRL. I recently installed ANGEL EYES to the ALWAYS ON METHOD. I really dont like how the HEADLIGHT and ANGELS on @ the same time, is there a way that i CAN WIRE UP the ANGEL EYES to just DRL, ON when the HEADLIGHTS r off, and OFF then headlights turn on ??????????

I have the angels tapped in the TRIGGER wire in the BOX, is there a diff wire in the BOX for DRL ??

I think i have seen a similar thread, but i just can find it.

would be very appreciative.

Thanks Guys.
thats how i have mine ran. I had to modify the wiring a bit and added a second relay. remote line works as designed. angel eyes stay on when car is on and when you flip on the headlights, the angel eyes turn off.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How did u get that to work exactly... That's what I'm trying to do...angels on when headlights are off.... And angels off when headlights on

1 - 10 of 10 Posts