E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm new to finally being an owner of an e46 coupe and this will be my first post.
I've been searching around already about installing angel eyes since my car did not have a red/white/yellow accessories wire (found out later that on my model its a thick green wire).

Anyways, here's my question.... I recently ordered my angel eyes in Amsterdam and it does not seem to have 'trigger wires' like the ones I see in the tutorials. There's only a + and - wire coming out from a fuse which is then connected to the led rings.

I tried tapping both the - and + wires to one of the front head light bulb connectors and it seems to be working fine, but I want my angel eyes to be on FULL time. From what I've read, it seems that I will have to connect it to the accessories wire, but just wanted to make sure first if its ok to tap the + wire to the accessories wire and the - to the ground somewhere close to the ECU box? does it matter if there's not trigger wires? I'm really new to all these electrical stuff and it may seem like a stupid question, but i just wanted to be sure!

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
You're fine. Some sets have two trigger wires... One for use as daytime running lights that are on whenever the car is started... And a second trigger wire that is tied into the interior lights. That gives the remote on/off feature that turns on the lights when you unlock and then fade out (along with your interior lights) when you lock the car.

Yours seems to only have one triger wire that will run when you have the ignition turned on.

Now... Go buy your bimmer!

·
Registered
980 Posts
Sounds good, but you want to make sure you properly ground the - wire. I believe, in my car, the brown wire is a ground, but research to be sure. I grounded my angel eyes to the standard ground location in the cubby on the passenger side, if the other method doesn't work, i know this will.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts