BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so i know Angel eyes have been talked about countless amounts of times on here but I read or see no pictures or hear anything about the ebay ones vs like khoalty or orion lite's. I figure they will be around the same quality since they are cheaper but could they be even better than those 2 from the vendors?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-...Q5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_6695wt_1167

pictures at bottom don't look bad at all (if in fact those pictures are these angel eyes exactly)

Any guinea pigs out there who have tried these out? :dunno:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Get ones from a recommended vendor. I had some ebay ones and they were okay, but burned out after about 3-4 months. Not sure about the ones you posted (mine were pre LED) but most of the stuff on ebay is cheap for a reason.

I now have umnitza led ones and haven't had any issues in over a year and a half.

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
No warranty, no like. They may be fine, but if they burn out you're outta luck and money. At least if you purchase from a reputable vendor they'll warranty the product and cover any problems.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Do you have just the $60 lite ones? I think im going with those also. If you have a picture with them on you should post it up i always see only pictures of the V2's and those are so damn bright.. I think the general lite ones would look better IMO

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
This one you found is the same ones I have in my Depo46s. I had them for 1 month now, stills works good. It's just so bright and white.
I wish I bought the weaker orange OEM colored ones.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow they are that bright huh? thats good to know. I am just wondering how long they will last and if the clips work fine and stay in there okay.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I am sure it clip in ok. I bought my lights with it pre-installed. It's great that this comes with the relay kit, you really need that to wire it properly.
What kind of headlights do you have? OEM halos or xenons? If you have Halos then its better just to upgrade to the Depo46 xenons with angel eyes preinstalled.
It's about 300, I mean this angel eyes alone is like $75+shipping

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I already have the Xenon headlights so im good there. My first thought was to get them from ebay until i found the umnitza orion lite for the same price so i don't know anymore on which to go with!

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
The ebay one is brighter than the uminitza lite. I'd say it's about the Orion V2 brightness. Honestly if any brighter, it'll look stupid.
I am not sure how well the ebay ones clip on to the OEM headlights. But quality wise It's pretty solid so far. At least the summer heat for 1 month straight hasn't burn out any leds.

·
:D
7,725 Posts
Orion lites have a warranty. Lifetime.

·
Site Sponsor
18,523 Posts
Alright so i know Angel eyes have been talked about countless amounts of times on here but I read or see no pictures or hear anything about the ebay ones vs like khoalty or orion lite's. I figure they will be around the same quality since they are cheaper but could they be even better than those 2 from the vendors?

pictures at bottom don't look bad at all (if in fact those pictures are these angel eyes exactly)

Any guinea pigs out there who have tried these out? :dunno:
These are the Orion Lite/Generic/Weiis/Khoalty/etc. rings. They are cheap, ineffective, and will fail rather easily unless you are skilled at soldering (in which case you can ultimately fix them).

We sell them for $60 + shipping + warranty choice. They come with 1 year warranty automatically.

Do you have just the $60 lite ones? I think im going with those also. If you have a picture with them on you should post it up i always see only pictures of the V2's and those are so damn bright.. I think the general lite ones would look better IMO
Most of our customers buy the Lite, then move on to the V2 after dealing with issues with the Orion Lite. We don't recommend it unless you are skilled at soldering to fix issues or want to continually replace rings.

Well thats good it sounds like.. hmm I could buy both and still be cheaper than the V2 haha
Orion lites have a warranty. Lifetime.
It is an option. yes.

·
Registered
474 Posts
ok well in my opion i would buy them

i got some 2 years ago and they went out 1 year later. both of the compassitors went out. replaced and still work great to this day.

but my brother dropped $150 on his and got name brand. 9000k i think or something. way brighter than mine! mine still look good though. happy with them

·
Registered
340 Posts
i'm pretty good at soldering but what if anything usually goes out and does anything physically need to be replaced? like individual leds or anything?

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Lol. If the OP listens to everyone here then his head will explode. Just buy the ebay one to save your $ or pay more and buy from one of the sponsors to above to keep them happy. it's just some cosmetic rings and it's not rocket science technology.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
I figure they will be around the same quality since they are cheaper
Am I the only one that thinks this bit of logic is strange?

So .... if something is cheaper than something else - that means it's the same quality?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Am I the only one that thinks this bit of logic is strange?

So .... if something is cheaper than something else - that means it's the same quality?
haha I said that weird but what i mean is the Orion Lites are about $60 and the ebay ones are about $60 so i am saying they are both of the same quality i am assuming.. as in neither of those are probably much better in quality than the other since priced around the same

1 - 20 of 23 Posts