BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get Angel Eyes for 325ci.. Any chance they make em already installed where you just put on your car and you don't to do all the riggin with my existing lights.. Kits look hard and aggravating... thanks--

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,834 Posts
Well if you can live without your headlights for awhile I think you can send them to vinnymac and herb from www.fiberdesign.biz (an e46fanatics forum sponsor) and they can install the halos and the light fiber tubes for a fee. You would still have to install the light boxes and connect the wiring however.

Here are the instructions from their site:
http://fiberdesign.biz/vince/DAE/install.htm

Hope this helps :thumbup:

·
St. Louis BMW Fanatic
7,089 Posts
yukon said:
Angel eyes look great but are they a pain to install?? Thanks for the replys

The install really isn't difficult. I can complete an install in under an hour now if I really push it. Most people can finish their first time in 2-4 hours. It's all common sense and patience. :D

·
Registered
297 Posts
Do the light boxes get in the way?

I'm curious, after looking at several kits online, it looks like most of them use a fairly large light box to run the light to the fiber optics for the halos.

Where do these light boxes mount? Do they get in the way of air intakes?

For example, when I get my car, I'd like to install both angel eyes, and a Gruppe M intake. Since the Gruppe M installs right behind the headlight, and draws air through the headlamp area, will the angel eye light box get in the way?

Thanks.

·
St. Louis BMW Fanatic
7,089 Posts
Re: Do the light boxes get in the way?

SterlingSilver said:
I'm curious, after looking at several kits online, it looks like most of them use a fairly large light box to run the light to the fiber optics for the halos.

Where do these light boxes mount? Do they get in the way of air intakes?

For example, when I get my car, I'd like to install both angel eyes, and a Gruppe M intake. Since the Gruppe M installs right behind the headlight, and draws air through the headlamp area, will the angel eye light box get in the way?

Thanks.
It shouldnt' be a problem. We have DAE's on just about every variation there is and it hasn't been an issue. :D :thumbup:

·
Site Sponsor
18,471 Posts
Would like to throw my hat into the fray here.

I think you need to look at all the options before making your decision.

It helps to have a video tutorial - I provide one on my site.
It helps to have a high quality product - that I provide as well
It helps to have a high quality service - I provide that
It helps to have a lower price - well, you know.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46218

·
Registered
700 Posts
I must say that I have installed several DDE kits myself and they arent that hard to install. It just takes patience and preperation. Read up on the install at Umnitza's site. Myself and most of my other friends have bought their kits from Matt. Install time will range, but give yourself the better half of a afternoon.

If you have any questions or want any detailed pics PM me.

John V

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Whats the difference in DDE and DAE... I'm definitely wanting to make a purchase here.. just want to make sure what i'm buyin first.... thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts