BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know they make them for the older years but is there a way to get them for the 2004 model since the headlights are one piece?

·
:D
7,725 Posts
try umnitza. i believe they make them for your year
you have to bake the headlights to remove the lens though. they are glued on.

·
7,725 Posts
as far as i know there's 2 types of halos. the ccfl and led. ccfl are not as reliable as led. you'll have to look on the site to see the difference.
there's a few different options but none of them are really all the "thin" unfortunately.
umnitza.com

·
Registered
584 Posts
yeah you have to bake them, I have seen people with it, but I would not attempt myself. Want to do it but need a pros touch lol.

CCFL would be a bit thinner, looks a bit cleaner when off also, since the LED ones are yellow. I have had both on my 325 so I would know. CCFL are not as reliable, especially if where you live gets really cold. It might be fine in a warmer place.

·
7,725 Posts
^yes ccfl's look much better when off. they're what comes on the e9x series cars.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey delmarco I've been viewing these forums for some time now and I notice how all you give in negative remarks. How about you delete your account since you don't give any positive inputs thanks;)

·
7,725 Posts
haha woah now. delmarco's a good guy. it's just annoying when every other day people join and instead of searching they just start the same thread that someone posted yesterday.
from now on, so you don't get flamed, use the search feature before posting a question. chances are your question has already been asked 5 times. this forum has been around for quite a while.

sometimes i just find it easier to answer a simple question instead of saying "search". that way when someone actually does search they don't find threads that are filled with "SEARCH" replies.

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Hey delmarco I've been viewing these forums for some time now and I notice how all you give in negative remarks. How about you delete your account since you don't give any positive inputs thanks;)

You joined 2 months ago and you are an expert on me?

how about becoming an expert on the SEARCH button and not other members first.

I'm not even hating on you, just the fact that people keep starting the same old threads on OIL, ANGEL EYES, TRANSMISSION FLUID CHANGE, when a simple search will give them everything they need.

It is just being lazy!

Sorry but I have to call you out on it. Nothing personal so don't take any offense.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
If you had searched you would have found out that you can get both CCFL and LED angel eyes for your 2004 coupe.

There is around 100 threads on the subject.

The answers are still the same, and the information hasn't changed since 99% of them were created.

I had the LED ones but took them out because they look like poo on the facelifted coupes.

I bought the ccfl ones, but never installed them and now I don't have the car anymore.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts