BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm about to order Umnitza Orion V2's. Which color do you all like best? I'm having a hard time deciding, but I think I like the 4300k/gold better than the 6000k. My car is silver, so I think that would look better with it. I plan on getting 6000k bulbs for my HID's, but I don't really want to have 3 different colors of lights though, so is it possible to run 6000k's in my fogs too without getting an HID kit?

This is my car

This is the look I want

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Don't see any pics but go with what you like best, not what everybody else likes best.

Most popular would either be oem which I believe are more yellow than 4300k, or 6000k for that blue color.

Isn't OEM halo color around 3000k? (somebody can confirm). I run 6000k myself and kept my bulbs at 4300k. My HID fogs are also 4300k. The extra blue in the halos makes them a bit more noticeable.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the reply. I just updated the original post, check out the pics. I'm gonna go with the gold AE's. Anybody know if its possible to run 6000k's in the fogs without an HID kit?

·
Registered
0 Posts
^indeed,do what u like and love,also,are the 4300/gold legal n the streets?just wonderin,since I'm not familiar with ever seein those out there much?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Isn't OEM halo color around 3000k? (somebody can confirm). I run 6000k myself and kept my bulbs at 4300k. My HID fogs are also 4300k. The extra blue in the halos makes them a bit more noticeable.
Isn't OEM 5700K? Just a touch yellower than 6000K but still in the white range.

·
Registered
26,534 Posts
It is possible to run 6000k without HIDs but for the cost, I would just recommend getting HIDs. They're cheap these days.

·
:D
7,725 Posts
The gold looks good. A stock xenon bulb is 4300 but after time it color shifts and is closer to 5000k. I've found that the white angel eyes are the same color as my colorshifted xenon bulbs.
Also please don't run hids without projectors.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is possible to run 6000k without HIDs but for the cost, I would just recommend getting HIDs. They're cheap these days.
What's a good place I could get some? I'm a little scared of most of the junk on eBay. Would they look as good if I didn't go HID?

get what you like. If your car is silver, white looks better than most colors but nothing wrong with gold.
Check out our facebook for more photos www.facebook.com/umnitza
I'm a fan of you guys on facebook, I checked out all the pics. They look great. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just looked at my lights today, and I see what you mean. They're more white than most I've seen. one seems a bit purple though, so I'm guessing one was replaced and the other "colorshifted" more. @Solidjake I. LOVE. YOUR. CAR! haha. That's the most beautiful front end I've ever seen on an e46. Great work :)

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Get 6000k angel eyes and low beams and 3000k halogen bulbs for fogs. See solidjake's sig or mine. He has HID in the fogs though.
If you want to get everything in one color temperature, it would be hard to match because halogen and xenons dont match. I tried many 6000k halogen bulbs to match my headlight but they never did, so i decided to get projector fogs and 6k hid kit. I need to make a sig of new setup because that sig is 2 months old.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the help guys. Btw, all you guys that have sigs, your cars are looking prestine :thumbsup: I pretty much had my mind set on the amber/gold ones until I saw a silver coupe with 6000's the other day. It was love at first site. So I ordered the 6000k opaque ones from umnitza, and I'm gonna match the xenon bulbs. Best bulbs for a decent price? WHere to buy? I'll leave my fogs alone for now, they shouldn't clash too much and I'll get yellow bulbs from bimmian sometime.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts