BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just installed my p46 kit yesterday, which i love btw big shoutout to umnitza for the group buy, but the angel eyes seem to be pretty dim. It was like 10 degrees or lower here in the suburbs of Detroit today so is that why and i also read that since the kit was sitting for a couple weeks, the need to be active for a while to get brighter. Which one of these is it. Also i noticed that the inner eyes are dimmer than the outer and when i crank the car to start it from the acc position, the inner drivers side angel eyes goes reeeally dim. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
i have those same headlights
in the cold weather, the inner ones take forever to warm up and get bright
for some reason the cold doesnt affect the outer rings

a few weeks ago, when it was still 50 degree and above, all the rings came on within a minute or two of driving.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea it was but i guess the facelift ones took FOREVER to get in stock.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
btw ur car is realllly clean. my jet black paint has all these swirl marks and stuff in it along with paint chips. u think a detail job to get rid of swirl marks and a touch up will make it look like urs?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
yup, a good, full detailing does wonders
i do that 2-3 times a year

as for paint chips, i have them too, but i havent bothered

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sounds good ill have a full detail done when i take my car in for service... also hows the ride on the eibach kit. I assume u have new shocks too? is it too low/harsh for rough roads say here in michigan? Sorry for all the q's i jus reallly like ur car lol

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
its all good
the prokit is a very conservative drop so the original ride comfort isn't sacrificed. (still on stock shocks and struts) at the same time, it looks and corners better.
roads here in philadelphia are bad too, so you just need to steer clear of potholes. the ride feels a lil stiffer when u get bigger wheels tho

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i see... im considering droppin but dont wanna spend too much on a cup kit or something. the prokit with some koni yellows would be good?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
yea i would've put in koni's if i had the extra cash back then
but now i'm too lazy to take it all apart again
instead, i think i'm gonna go for some swaybars (like from TMS) to reduce body roll

1 - 10 of 10 Posts