BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys , after a exhuasting day of trying to get the remote feature to work on the angel eyes i have failed.

I installed my new led AEs , tapped into the accesory wire and voila that worked. But due to having a lower end 320i , I dont happen to have the foot well light. So i decided to tap the remote trigger wire first with a fuse tap in to the dome light fuse , the angel eyes were constantly on ? So i went back to lordco and got a piggy back for the fuse and they were still constantly on?

So im just wondering if there is any way i can make the remote feature work or any other wire i can tap into or anyting. Im just really wanting this remote feature to work.

Thanks A Ton !

·
Registered
463 Posts
You could tap the dome light directly but you'd need to run more wiring since the wire provided obviously won't reach. Do any other lights or electronics come on when you unlock your doors? You can tap anything that pops on when the door is unlocked and it shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cant even seem to pop my dome light out right now , I found also that u can use the glove box light due to it receivig power when you open the locks etc.

·
Registered
567 Posts
there should be another light source on the passenger foot well area that you can tap off from as well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey guys , i managed to tap into the glove box light , it worked like a charm but theres only one issue i dont get the fade effect , to turn them off i have to lock my car and turn them back on unlock.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Yep. that was the intent hence "remote" option. Good job on the install.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts