E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im located in NC. Got the kit from Khoalty and have a 2004 M3. Be nice if someone local could help me out. Thanks

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
if you were in florida id have it done in less than 10 minutes guaranteed, its easy, remove the side markers...then remove the weather strip from the top of the headlights, then remove the plastic strip below the headlights by uncliping it from the inside closest to the center of the car, then pull it forward and kind of turn it off to the side but not too much so you dont break the clip, then unclip the clips around the headlight holding the lense in place, then pull the lense off, then pull off the plastic piece that surrounds the headlight lens on the inside, then go behind the headlight assembly and remove the top of the rubber boot covering the back of the outer headlights, run wires from above the headlight lense and run it out through the back where you removed the boot, clip in angel eyes and dont forget the tape on that came with them on to put on the back to kind of stick to the lens, then pull the wire tight, replace rubber boot behind headlight and repeat the steps to disassemble the headlight in reverse to reassemble it, then do the same to the other side to install, then when its time to wire, run the long side of the wiring harness to the ecu side (drivers side) of the car, take the cover off of the ecu and find the red wire with a gold stripe and yellow bands around it, tap into that wire with the wire tap that came with the angel eyes and connect the white wire, put the cover back on, now put the beginning of the wiring harness in the drug bin, (left rear side of engine bay) wire red to the positive power source (its in a black cover with + on it with a red wire going to it, hard to miss lol, then connect the black wire to the bolt inside the drug bin which is your ground, then clean up the wiring harness by running it through the weather stripping and with the engine wiring harness that goes over the engine, close hood, start car and look at your new angel eyes, if you want to wire it to work with a key or switch, you need to remove the glove box and run the yellow wire through the rubber hose thing in the drug bin and attach it to the foot well light.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I got as far as pulling the headlights out. Noticed 2 extra wires connected to the bottom that ran into a black box. Didnt know wtf they were for but couldnt find how to disconnect them. So i couldnt get the headlights outta the car. Said screw it and put it back together.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You dont remove the headlights...just the plastic clear lense..........
Really? It showed in the DIY on Kholaty to remove them. Gues I really dont have to but it would make it easier if I could. So what are those 2 wires connected to it?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks man. Worked great. Took me an hour but I was nervous about tapping the ecu and footwell light :) Not a big electrical guy. I luv it though! Tahnks Khoalty!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Thanks man. Worked great. Took me an hour but I was nervous about tapping the ecu and footwell light :) Not a big electrical guy. I luv it though! Tahnks Khoalty!
Not a problem. Anything u want u can find on YouTube. Not only car work. Everything.

·
Registered
7,487 Posts
noob!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts