E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just a heads up, Joying now offers wireless Android Auto for all their Andoid 10 head units.
If you already have one of their Android 10 units you can request updated firmware files that you can install on your unit to enable wireless Android Auto.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've had four Android head units (Xtrons 9" & 8.8"unit and Joying 9" &10.5") and haven't had any issues with any of them, everything worked as it should.
Sound quality is a vast improvement from the stock head unit.
Currently have a Joying 10.5" unit in my BMW E46 and I love it and would highly recommend it, I prefer the Joying unit over Xtrons as they have higher resolution screens (1280x720 compared to Xtrons 1020x600)
The 10.5" screen fits well between the upper AC vents and the lower Hvac controls without blocking either of them, installation was simple as it was an E46 specific plug n play unit.
I'm glad to hear the success with Joying! I recently ordered one for my son's e46 and I was hesitant to pull the trigger on it, but the features for the price seemed great.

Are you, by chance, utilizing an aftermarket amplifier or DSP? If so, does the unit have clean signal output? Any idea on output voltage (I'll use spdif output to a processor if the RCA outputs are crappy)

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm glad to hear the success with Joying! I recently ordered one for my son's e46 and I was hesitant to pull the trigger on it, but the features for the price seemed great.

Are you, by chance, utilizing an aftermarket amplifier or DSP? If so, does the unit have clean signal output? Any idea on output voltage (I'll use spdif output to a processor if the RCA outputs are crappy)

Thanks!

I don't have an external amplifier so can't help you there.
They do have an internal DSP chip with spdif and optical connectors.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't have an external amplifier so can't help you there.
They do have an internal DSP chip with spdif and optical connectors.
Ok cool. I'll throw it on the test bench when I get it and see if I can't answer some of my own questions about it once it gets here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Which unit did you get from Joying?
JY-BQ502N4G with 6GB Ram and 128GB storage. Also ordered the backup and dash cam along with the OBDII scanner.

The plans are to run that with a Memphis Audio PRXA700.5.

Front stage will be 6.5" inch components (Memphis VIV60C)

Sub stage will be a Ground Zero GZHW 38X 15" in either an infinite baffle or aperiodic membrane enclosure to minimize trunk space used. And of course liberal amounts of sound deadening.

·
Registered
28 Posts
JY-BQ502N4G with 6GB Ram and 128GB storage. Also ordered the backup and dash cam along with the OBDII scanner.

The plans are to run that with a Memphis Audio PRXA700.5.

Front stage will be 6.5" inch components (Memphis VIV60C)

Sub stage will be a Ground Zero GZHW 38X 15" in either an infinite baffle or aperiodic membrane enclosure to minimize trunk space used. And of course liberal amounts of sound deadening.

Nice, you'll have a great setup

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nice, you'll have a great setup
Thanks, It's for my son. It's his car.

I've been building competition SQ car audio systems since 1989. I thought about doing nothing but period specific equipment for a retro install but decided against it in favor of compact and efficient

·
Premium Member
2005 BMW 330i Zhp
15 Posts
I'm looking at the Joying but I have the Harmon Kardon system (with Bavsound speakers). Does anyone know what is involved in "modify speaker wires" that they refer to on the website and does this apply to all Android HUs? Thank you.

Output device Font Motor vehicle Screenshot Electronic device

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm looking at the Joying but I have the Harmon Kardon system (with Bavsound speakers). Does anyone know what is involved in "modify speaker wires" that they refer to on the website and does this apply to all Android HUs? Thank you.

View attachment 936982

I believe they mean you will bypass the factory Harman Kardon amplifier and DSP by clipping the speaker outputs after the amp/DSP and hard wiring the speaker outputs from the head unit directly to them.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts