E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I need a 5 Channel AMP if I change all my Speaker in the car + Adding JL Stealthbox in the back? if so, any good suggestion?

-Dave

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you can live with 2 front speakers and 2 JL subs, a good 4-channel amp should suffice (phoenix gold, JL, a/d/s, etc.). If you want rear fill speakers then you'll need a 5 or 6-channel amp, plus you can't have JL stealth.

JL stealthboxes go in place of rear speakers (so you can't have rear with those), but you can still add a pair of mid speakers.

Stealthbox is a free-air type of sub and requires a lot of power to sound good, so you'll have to be picky about the amp. If you want 4 speakers then I'd recommond looking into a 5-channel amp (such as JL), or 6-channel amp (a/d/s P650).

I use a 5-channel amp (Alpine F450), to power 4 a/d/s speakers (front and rear) and a JL sub in a sealed box. I regret not buying a more powerful amp for this setup, but I'm satisfied with the current sound quality. The difference is night and day compared to stock or HK.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts