BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WELL I AM HERE TO LET ALL OF YOU GUYS KNOW EXACTLY WHO THE BODY SHOP IS THAT IS SCREWING ALL THESE PEOPLE OVER. YOU THINK 6 MONTHS IS BAD I HAD MINE IN FOR 9 MONTHS AND IM WORKING ON A LAW SUIT RIGHT NOW TO SEW THE CRAP OUT OF HIM. ITS UNREAL THE EXCUSES THIS GUY COMES UP WITH, HE HAD THE SAME EXCUSES FOR ME AS HE DID FOR AMG EATER. SUCH AS "OH MAN I HAVE BEEN UP ALL NIGHT WORKING ON THESE CARS FOR A CAR SHOW". I KNOW THAT HE HAS THE SAME EXCUSES AS AMG EATER BECAUSE I HAVE TALKED TO HIM NUMEROUS TIMES ABOUT IT. LETS PUT HIS FAT LAZY A** OUT OF BUSINESS AND PUT THESE EXCUSES TO AN END. THE BODY SHOP NAME IS BODY PROS:flipoff: :ben: SO IF I HAVE ONE PIECE OF ADVISE DONT TAKE YOU CAR THERE OR U WILL BE CARLESS FOR MONTHS AND MONTHS AND BORROWING CARS FROM YOU GIRL FRIEND:thumbdwn: :banghead:

·
Banned
1,103 Posts
Months and months ?? What exactly are you guys gettin done ?? It took them 4 days to paint and install my whole 4 piece kit... Was this place a reputable shop ??

·
Banned
1,103 Posts
AMG EATER said:

was it good quality? and Where did you take it?
I took it to a shop in San Pedro... I knew the guy so he hooked me up on it... But for the most part people that have gotten kits and stuff done on their cars at reputable shops have never had their cars in for longer than a week... You should just go through the yellow pages and ask for estimates on how much itll cost and how long itll take... Once you narrowed it down actually go and check out a few of the places... You should be able to distingush the good from the bad...

·
Banned
1,103 Posts
AMG EATER said:

Hell No! I want it to go to a place that has installed many HAMANN KITS BEFORE! not some random repair/collision shop!! :banghead:
Bro never take your car to a repair/collision shop... Theres was a place in huntington beach called A1 i believe and they did good work... Also AutoExplosion in Carson does some sick jobs too but they charge a bit high i think... Only take it to places that specialize in custome work... Not repair places...

BTW its not the installation thats hard, its the painting that need to be perfect... THe install requires just a few screwed here and there and a bit of double sided tape... very very simple regardless of whether you have whole bumper or just addon...

·
ninja edit
141 Posts
body pros is known for keeping cars for a long time and not working on them!!

They do quality stuff, but it takes them months to complete them....:sad:

·
Registered
408 Posts
thanks for the heads up Bikerboy,, we need to hear about these WACK bodyshops. I know now, I will never take my e46 there! :thumbup:

·
Banned
2,072 Posts
Holy broken Caps Lock Batman.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Reputable Body Shop in SFV

Sorry to hear of your nightmare......

Anyone know of a reputable shop that has experience with bodykits for our cars in the San Fernando Valley?

·
name's PHIL
6,165 Posts
did u guys make appointments to get the stuff done.....shops usually take a week tops.........what kind of a fuking place is this.....and one more curiosity ?.......why would u wait for that long
{3 to 4 to 9 mths}.......thats pretty shady......shouldnt u have been wondering WTF was going on in the first 2 weeks, 3 TOPS:dunno:

·
Invalid User
10,923 Posts
i'm taking my stuff over to Prime Autobody to get my stuff painted. so far i only had my M3 mirrors painted there and they came out perfect.

Guy Mazza 818-503-9166 N. Hollywoood

·
call me kev :D
6,320 Posts
wow.... body pros? really? heard nothing but good thing about them, they did my friend's full body kit in like couple days

i guess the quality did go down... they are extremely famous in import tuning scene too. they did many show cars. :dunno:

·
Registered Abuser
1,058 Posts
e46boy said:
wow.... body pros? really? heard nothing but good thing about them, they did my friend's full body kit in like couple days

i guess the quality did go down... they are extremely famous in import tuning scene too. they did many show cars. :dunno:
Unfortunately things took a dramatic turn for the worst. The shop used to be run by one of the family brothers, Derek who built the reputation and did some serious work. He handed the business down to Wally and things tanked dramatically. They are still capable of quality work, but my personal opinion is that Wally just doesn't have the experience to properly manage his work. He takes on too much and never gets around to most of it.

They had my kit (fortunately not my car) for over a month. He agreed to complete my work within a week and the moment it wasn't ready I started hounding him. I had to visit him personally, and give him stink eye and a small ration of my dissatisfaction at least twice a week until he finally did the work.

Wally, deep down, is a good guy, but I think he overpromises and under-delivers far too much. Personally, I wouldn't suggest them to anyone unless they're prepared to wait.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts