BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My radio has always had poor am reception even before tinting. One of these days I will replace the amp in the C pillar but when trying to listen to an already weak station there is a load buzz that is related to moving. Ordinarily I would think some kind of engine spark suppression or grounding but this sounds like it might be coming from the ABS wheel sensors as I can hear the clicks becoming farther and farther apart until I stop. Putting the car in neutral and revving the motor does not bring the buzz back but as soon as I start to move the clicks start up again. Finally after about 10 mph it is a low buzz only getting higher in frequency as I go faster.

Question: Is there supposed to be rf interference suppression on the ABS sensors that I could check for? And the front end and right side have been rebuilt, where are the grounding straps supposed to be under the hood?

TIA, GWB

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
AM reception pretty much sucks regardless of what you do. Normally the transmitters are not that strong, even though AM carries a longer range than FM. Wish I could help more. Might want to check with a stereo shop, BMW has a built in diversity antenna that is not the best, there are some boosters you can buy though, not sure how effective they are.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts