E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't hear it when I just start it and shut it off, but if I've been driving for a little bit and then shut it off, I hear a rattle from under the hood. It only lasts for about 2 seconds. I snooped around and the only post I could find about this was this one but there doesn't seem to be a definite answer. Anyone have any input?

Thanks.
Pete

·
Formerly 330CI6spd
620 Posts
Platinum52 said:
I don't hear it when I just start it and shut it off, but if I've been driving for a little bit and then shut it off, I hear a rattle from under the hood. It only lasts for about 2 seconds. I snooped around and the only post I could find about this was this one but there doesn't seem to be a definite answer. Anyone have any input?

Thanks.
Pete
if you have a manual just step on the clutch when you shut down.. the sound will be gone... :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, I do have a manual, so I take it the sound is normal and nothing is broken? :)

·
TWC Alumni
1,756 Posts
I have a manual and it does the same thing. I think its coming from the transmission. I think everyone has it here (manual) but some cars are louder than others. Its normal from what I've been told.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts