BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my sentiments..... exactly!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
636 Posts
That very same car has been posted on E-bay at least three times that I know of over the last year:thumbdwn:

It's a scam !:thumbup:

Jon:thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
u're right...and as a matter of fact, last time I saw this posting was in Allentown, PA. This time the location says NY.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
seems too good to be true, but you never know!

true story, my brother was looking through auto-trader one morning for a used car, he saw an add for a 911 twin turbo for $1, add said, "this is for real", he laughed didn't call, then decided to call that night just for the hell of it. A lady picked up and said she sold the car at noon, some guy drove 3 hour from work to come pick it up as advertised for $1 (called at 9). I guess she hired a PI and caught her husband cheating on his business trip, so she decided to sell his car before he got back. My broke ass college student brother coulda been driving a 911! Then again, the insurance woulda been to high so he woulda had to re-sell it.
 

·
Nymphomaniac
Joined
·
352 Posts
The scammer doesn't know that the warranty is not 6yr/100,000. Best to stay away, he prob got smart and made the auction private so people can't warn the potential bidders of the scam.
 

·
'a certain moderator'
Joined
·
38,212 Posts
beemer_crazy said:
u're right...and as a matter of fact, last time I saw this posting was in Allentown, PA. This time the location says NY.
this is true. the actuall car is believed to be in Allentown, although i have not seen an LSB M3 on Hamann HM2's around town :D

its a scam, dont fall for it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
636 Posts
If I remember one of the Fanatcis here pursued this...not seriously but to see if it was legit and it turns out to be some scam for your cash.
Send funds to reserve the car...meanwhile...they're GONE !:dunno:

The old saying are the best...if it sound to good to be true...IT IS :thumbup:

Jon
 

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
Joined
·
13,183 Posts
when it is to good to be true

most of the time it is not. stay away from yahoo auctions. it sometimes will be a scam
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
key phrase "You will not be able to bid before contacting me so that I'll approve your bidding after we'll discuss the terms."

and $5000.00 deposit

or maybe he just wants to keep the fee's to e-bay down.

nevertheless sounds like a scam to me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
Justin said:
seems too good to be true, but you never know!

true story, my brother was looking through auto-trader one morning for a used car, he saw an add for a 911 twin turbo for $1, add said, "this is for real", he laughed didn't call, then decided to call that night just for the hell of it. A lady picked up and said she sold the car at noon, some guy drove 3 hour from work to come pick it up as advertised for $1 (called at 9). I guess she hired a PI and caught her husband cheating on his business trip, so she decided to sell his car before he got back. My broke ass college student brother coulda been driving a 911! Then again, the insurance woulda been to high so he woulda had to re-sell it.
This is an "Urban legend". Been around since the 70's from what I can remember. My ex girlfriend came home from work one day and told me exact same story that her co-worker relayed to her except car was a Ferrari. I have also heard it using 911's and Rolls Royce.
 

·
Watch Fanatic
Joined
·
540 Posts
:yikes: :eek: :yikes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,287 Posts
I'm suspicious too, but he's got the car inspected. Ebay "inspection" is done by Pep Boys shops, I believe, who do a diagnostic check over the car. I mean, I wouldn't trust Pep Boys to correctly diagnose a BMW, but obviously the car exists and runs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
BlackE46M3 said:


This is an "Urban legend". Been around since the 70's from what I can remember. My ex girlfriend came home from work one day and told me exact same story that her co-worker relayed to her except car was a Ferrari. I have also heard it using 911's and Rolls Royce.
Well unless the lady was yanking my brother's chain (entirely possible), and did it as a prank, then I know of 1 real instance of it happening.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
total scam... why would you sell it for so cheap when you can easily sell it to a dealer for much more; provided that the car is in the condition as it is advertise to be....
 

·
Network Analyst
Joined
·
3,487 Posts
Fripp64 said:
That very same car has been posted on E-bay at least three times that I know of over the last year:thumbdwn:

It's a scam !:thumbup:

Jon:thumbup:
:werd:

I was going to say the exact same thing. Scam central. That guy is the mayor of Scamville. That's a scam.

dave
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
646 Posts
i want to try and email this guy and ask why he's selling for so cheap....
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top