E46 Fanatics Forum banner
101 - 120 of 141 Posts

· Registered
1999 328i
479 Posts
G'day all,
although I have purchased a REIN valve cover rubber gasket set I'm wondering if anyone has used the supplied rubber gaskets and what was the outcome?
Honestly.. I had used the supplied gaskets on my first valve cover. And not for nothing. It held up fine. None of the grommets leaked no the valve cover gasket, for the time I did have it on 😂 until I spotted that dreaded tiny fracture 😩honestly I could’ve probably fixed it but why should I have to paying what I paid for it.idk why I just need things to be perfect lol…but it was only after that and gettin the replacement and installing it that I used a different Valve cover gasket and grommets

· Registered
2003 E46 320Ci
100 Posts
Honestly.. I had used the supplied gaskets on my first valve cover. And not for nothing. It held up fine. None of the grommets leaked no the valve cover gasket, for the time I did have it on 😂 until I spotted that dreaded tiny fracture 😩honestly I could’ve probably fixed it but why should I have to paying what I paid for it.idk why I just need things to be perfect lol…but it was only after that and gettin the replacement and installing it that I used a different Valve cover gasket and grommets
Thank you very much for your comment, I recon I'm as fussy as you are .
I recon I will use the supplied gasket .
Cheers John.M (Australia)

· Registered
2003 E46 320Ci
100 Posts
Looking very good, the fitting of my cover is delayed as the Bimmer is in the shop (chasing an electrical fault I can't find regarding the A/C), will post fitting the new aluminum cover when it gets done.
Cheers John.m (Australia)

· Registered
11 Posts
Hi all, been reading through this topic, how are you guys going with the aluminum upgrade so far? holding well ? my VC is leaking too and wondering if I should go for aluminum upgrade or stick with the plastic one

· Registered
2000 323ci E46 White Convertible
56 Posts
Cracked and seeping plastic valve covers are common at this age and number of times removed/replaced.
It seems there is now a chinesium aluminum replacement.
A guinea pig has purchased one and will report back. 🐷
Have they reported back? I am towards the middle of this project, waiting on new bolts... whoever did previous work did not replace 2 of the bolts to the valve cover with original type or size, so I ordered them and will clean the ICV while waiting...... sigh*

101 - 120 of 141 Posts