BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fanatics:smokin:,

I've seen a lot of people with the Sport Steering wheel (non-M3) and have replaced the lower portion of the steering wheel to an aluminum trim (as opposed to the stock black matte finish). I heard you can get this mod at your local dealer.

The other day, I came across a car on the web that had the UPPER trim replaced with aluminum as well (the portion where the volume/cruise controls are located).

Has anyone done this? :dunno: Pics? If so, where can I purchase this part?

:idea:I was thinking of actually trying out both pieces of aluminum trim, so that the entire center of my steering wheel is aluminum, with the outer wheel being black leather. I'm curious as to how this will look, maybe someone has done this as well?

Let me know fellas..:help:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
hey sfz ive been looking for the part on the lower trim but circle bmw told me it was a different color than the ones on the 04's is this true? and is the color difference slight enough so i can get away with it?
thanks
jon

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,303 Posts
hakjai said:
hey sfz ive been looking for the part on the lower trim but circle bmw told me it was a different color than the ones on the 04's is this true? and is the color difference slight enough so i can get away with it?
thanks
jon
I had ordered the lower trim from Pacific BMW, and they told me the same thing that it wouldn't match the titanium trim of the interior perfectly, but its not true. It matches up exactly; and don't worry about your 04, my cousin has a 04 330Ci and his titanium trim is the exact same as mine...I posted a pic of my trim in this thread:

Click here for the thread, the pics are in the 2nd page

I'd also like to know where I could get the upper-trim piece.. :thumbup:

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,303 Posts
Lugnut2683 said:
Is that a lighted shift knob?
No, but from what I understand you can get the lighted pattern and wires and install it with this knob yourself...

·
Registered
898 Posts
that steering wheel looks sweet bro, does anyone know how much circle bmw charges to ship the mattchrom interior trim. i will just be getting the 4 piece kit, i think its like $86 bucks for the kit. thanks :thumbup:

·
Banned
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hakjai, thanks a lot for the link to the leatherz site. Boy does that place have a lot of cool stuff! The entire leather interior kits and trim kits would be a really neat mod, and it really makes for something unique when you can choose from over 650 hides of leather! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
yes!! i finally contributed!! ok back to leeching
ive emailed the guy and he said that the matte chrome matches up fine with our aluminum interior, now my problem is i have two options with the light up matte chrome shift nob, should i get one plain or with ///M stripes?

·
Registered
5 Posts
steering wheel

Thank you so much for this post. I have been looking for this part almost 6 months. My local dealer wanted $116 for it. Called Pacific and they sold to me for $57. Very happy fanatic.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts