E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im having trouble removing my alternator ive gotten the bottom bolt off but the top one is causing a bit of trouble because it wont come out all the way as you can see in my picture?

Also seeing as i have removed the bottom bolt and loosened the top one as far as i can shouldnt the alternator be moving atleast slightly. because the thing seams to be stuck i was wondering if i should give it a few wacks with a rubber mallet to get it loosed up or is that a no no?

thanks for the help in advance.:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
We don't have 4 cylinder 318s in the USA but don't you have to remove the idler pulley first? On the sixes, the pulley bolt is the top alternator bolt if I remember correctly. Pry the plastic cap off the pulley to reveal a bolt?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i got it off i didnt think it had a cap on it until closer inspection. My bad :p

took the pulley off and got the alternator out now trying to get the power steering out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.